Hype Entertainment

Virginia Beach, VA · View map · Visit website

About Hype Entertainment

Three words that describe our company - AFFORDABLE, EXPERIENCED and PROFESSIONAL.

Veteran owned and operated, there are more than 100 reasons why Hype Entertainment is considered one of the best entertainment companies in the Hampton Roads and NE North Carolina areas. We are your one-stop shop for entertainment with state-of-the-art equipment and more than a decade of experience. When you book Hype Entertainment, you can rest assure that Marcus Matthews (DJ Hype) will be your DJ/entertainer and not some random DJ who you have not been able to establish a working relationship with.

DJ Hype is best known for hyping up events and creating an atmosphere where guests are drawn to the dance floor. We offer most music genres, including country, international, oldies, latin, hip-hop, jazz, and pop. Couples can also have R&B/soul, rock, and top 40 tunes for their lively wedding reception or party. Hype Entertainment also provides a do-not-play list, emcee services, and video projection. We have quality equipment ranging from LED wireless up-lighting and monogram lighting to intelligent lighting, a sound/PA system (w/generator) for beach ceremonies and remote locations, and microphones....including lapel microphones. Hype Entertainment’s equipment will compliment couples’ wedding reception, as it looks brand new. Other entertainment services provided include:

• Liability insurance
  • No-fee consultation
  • One event per day
  • An industry best Photo booth with unlimited prints and props
  • Flat screen for video montage
  • Various lighting options
  • Military discounts (for active duty and retired clients)
  • First responder discounts (EMS, firefighters, law enforcement officers)

We're very proud of our WeddingWire awards, vendor endorsements and client reviews, which we've earned by doing what we love -- making people happy on the happiest day of their lives. We are 100% focused on providing our customers with a perfect experience with our company....nothing is more important to us.

Thank you for visiting our page.

Marcus Matthews

Betsy
Featured
Betsy Forte

Married on 06/22/2019

No Hesitation. Just book him now!

Marcus is amazing! His experience and knowledge of the process is priceless. Such high energy, ability to read the crowd and interaction with everyone set the pace/mood and ultimate successful ... Read more experience. I've had numerous guests compliment Marcus and his wife on the exceptional job they did for my son and his wife. Can't say enough positive things!

B
Bob Gregory

Getting married on 03/04/2021

40th Wedding Anniversary

5-stars all the way for Hype Entertainment. From the first contact about dates and options to the last song played, Marcus was professional, prompt, engaging, entertaining, and enjoyable. He not only ... Read more only worked with us on the music selection but also on the event timeline, the lighting, and the appropriate options like photo booths (thank you Melissa!) and slideshows. Most of all, Marcus got my family up on the dance floor which I thought next to impossible! Coordinating events can be frustrating especially for two OCD individuals like my wife and I. With Marcus, my wife and I had no worries. He's known for being the best in Tidewater and I'll second that motion. Well done Marcus and Melissa.

J
Joe Mihalick

Married on 08/18/2019

Better than we could have imagined!

From the father of the Bride: Marcus @DJ Hype was a consummate professional. His showmanship, presence and organization was the best I have ever seen. The sound quality of his setup was perfect, and ... Read more the lighting and other props truly finished the room decorations off to perfection. Watching Marcus was like we were at a Las Vegas production. The room was full of people from 2-90 years, and he made us all feel like we were 20 again! He played a great variety, picked songs on the fly that catered to the crowd, and got and kept people on the dance floor. An incredible amount of energy, fun, and a wide mix of music. I wish we could have stayed a few more hours! Thank you for making a perfect night of my daughter and son in law! Joe