Idlewild Country Club

Flossmoor, IL · View map

About Idlewild Country Club

We are a private country club located in Flossmoor, Illinois; however, you do not need to be a member to have a wedding or special event here at the club. Our club house has a beautiful banquet room that features cathedral ceilings and walls of windows offering magnificent views of our championship golf course, diminishing the boundary between indoors and out, truly a private sanctuary in the suburbs.

7 Reviews for Idlewild Country Club

7 Idlewild Country Club Reviews

L
Laura M

Married on 02/09/2019

Wonderful venue with amazing staff!

If you are looking for a relatively stress-free wedding experience, then look no further than Idlewild! Not only is the location beautiful, but compared with all other venue options in the Chicagoland ... Read more area, the cost and quality of services can not be beat. The consummately professional staff is led by GM, Peter Coryden. His 30+ years of experience shined through in his calming, reassuring manner, and his ability to foresee, troubleshoot and prevent any possible snags in our day. He responded to everything in a timely manner, and was generous, accommodating and considerate throughout. His knowledge of and good relationships with area vendors also added ease to all the planning. Chef Jeff paid special attention to all food preferences and sensitivities, and did not compromise taste. We had so many compliments about the deliciousness of the food! Della, was my fairy godmother throughout our wedding day. I didn’t even realize that the venue provided a personal attendant. She tended to and anticipated every need of our wedding party and even to our guests throughout the wedding. I can not say enough good things about this woman. Her loving presence was a gift. The space itself is also fantastic! One of my favorite spots was the bridal suite. It is one of the many free amenities Idlewild offers to make your day go by with ease so that your only focus is enjoying your time with those you love. I personally spent the full day there with my ladies. The salon sent their staff to ready us, and for a nominal fee Idlewild provided mimosas and delicious snacks. All in all, Idlewild is a classy wedding venue that conducts business with integrity, quality, affordability and style. Thank you Idlewild for making our wedding day extra wonderful!

S
Stephanie

Married on 10/22/2016

Jen at Idlewild is fantastic, she made the whole process so stress free. She was very responsive to any emails with questions no matter how big or small she was always quick to reply and help. The ... Read more food was DELICIOUS!! So many of our guests not only complimented us that night but are still telling us how good it was. You can't go wrong having your reception here. Everything was perfect.

K
Kim

Married on 06/04/2016

We had our wedding at Idlewild, and we had an amazing experience. Jen, their wedding planner, is really awesome! She is great to work with and was really a big help. Our wedding could not have turned ... Read more out any better. I really love the space at Idlewild. I would highly recommend it!