Independence Harbor

Assonet, MA · View map · Visit website

About Independence Harbor

Independence Harbor is a wedding venue located in Assonet, Massachusetts that provides the perfect blend of indoor and outdoor facilities. With a 20-acre private estate and a breathtaking landscape, this venue is perfect for a wedding during any season.

Facilities and Capacity
The Harbor’s elegant reception room comfortably accommodates 250 guests, offering extraordinary views of the magnificent gardens. It can also be arranged to fit more intimate gatherings. Your wedding ceremony will be in the south lawn gardens, where you will exchange vows under an enchanting gazebo. If you are looking for an indoor location, the Harbor also offers the majestic stone fireplace in the main dining room for a warm and elegant ceremony.

Independence Harbor offers many services that will make your wedding day go smoothly. The following services are provided:

• Complete and private bar with professional personnel
  • Professional wedding coordinator and planners
  • Food and beverage director
  • Customized floor plans
  • Floor length table linens
  • Glass hurricane lamp centerpieces
  • Fresh floral arrangements
  • Complimentary food tasting for the couple
  • Preferred vendors
  • Private bridal lounge
  • Professional wedding director
  • White padded ceremony chairs
  • State-of-the-art sound systems
  • Variety of ceremony music selections
  • Complimentary wedding rehearsal

Cuisine
The Harbor offers an extensive array of food and beverage menus that are prepared by an accomplished team of chefs. Your food service planners will work with you to create a unique menu that reflects your taste and personality. The following serving styles are offered:

• Full-service dinner

J
Featured
Jenna

Married on 09/10/2010

Independence Harbor was incredible from the the time we booked to the lights being turned on at the end of the reception. Connie was always available to answer any and all questions leading up to the ... Read more big day. Maddie was our coordinator the day of and she was fantastic- she was attentive to our needs and made the day flow flawlessly. The room and garden were beautiful and the food was delicious! My only problem was my heels digging into the ground. I lost my balance several times while pictures were being taken and it made it very difficult to continue. But overall- IH was great and I would recommend it.

Cintya
Cintya Alves

Married on 05/04/2019

Great experience

We planned our wedding in 5 months and the staff at IH made it a breeze! We enjoyed working with Anne & Connie. They both really made it very easy for us and our wedding day went perfectly. Shout out ... Read more to Matt & the staff on our wedding day for making the day better than we even imagined!

Jenna
Jenna Peloquin

Married on 04/28/2019

Don't be fooled by the bad reviews!

After glancing over the very mixed reviews my husband and I went with hesitancy to view Independence Harbor. We met with Connie who at first came across somewhat stern but then after explaining what ... Read more we wanted and our clear vision of our day she softened. We were able to take advantage of their off season rates which were VERY reasonable and fit in perfectly with our tight budget. Connie and Anne ALWAYS responded to any and all of my questions right away putting my anxious nature right at ease. Even at our final meeting Connie was EXTREMELY flexible as it was supposed to rain the day of and allowed the bridal party to be on site earlier than previously discussed. She also allowed my very good friend to set up the centerpieces for me the day of which relieved a lot of stress. Matt was on site that day and he made sure that everything went perfectly smooth from start to finish. I had forgotten to bring the card holder and he quickly stepped in to provide a make shift one until my mom arrived with the real one. I also have to give a shout out to Debbie. She was our hands on gal the ENTIRE day. Form the second we stepped out of the limo she was waiting there with an umbrella to walk us inside. She made sure we had drinks all night and even brought out appetizers for us while we were busy taking photos. It had stopped raining for photos and before we stepped foot inside the gazebo she had a linen cloth wiping down the edge of the gazebo so that my dress would not get wet. She truly paid attention to every detail and took care of us all night long. She also made sure that things were done on time and not once did I feel rushed. The food was incredible. My grandmother is a very picky eater and complains about EVERYTHING but she could NOT stop raving about how good the food was! All of our guests thoroughly enjoyed the food. My mother-in-law is extremely allergic to seafood and they paid close attention to detail and made absolutely sure that nothing was cross contaminated. Everything was labeled and they were sure to put the fish at the end of the buffet line covered so she would not have to go near it. I also can't forget about the grounds. They are absolutely stunning! All of our guests could not stop talking about how gorgeous the grounds and the inside of the building was. Connie may seem gruff at first meeting but let me assure you that these people have been doing this a very long time and they know what they are doing. Don't be fooled by the bad reviews they will be sure that your day goes better than you could have ever imagined!