Inn Marin

Novato, CA · View map

About Inn Marin

Inn Marin is one of Marin’s best outdoor spaces for ceremonies and receptions. It's Spanish-style buildings cluster around a grand courtyard—a sweeping swath of grass edged by ivy-covered trellises, hydrangeas, palmettos, cypresses, orange trees and a liquid amber that has to be the biggest tree of its kind for miles around. The lawn’s center point is a towering magnolia that, when it’s not sheltering wedding guests, has several “sky chair” hammocks lazily dangling from it. In summer, the high ridge behind Inn Marin blocks the chilly gusts of fog that pour off the Pacific, creating a warm and sunny climatic island. By 3pm, when the sun’s slanting light is a golden wash and the big trees are making velvety shade, the garden becomes almost Edenic, balanced between perfect light and shadow, balmy and cool.

Adjoining the lawn, the Patio Garden and Garden Room are the two primary sites for post-ceremony activities. The Garden Room, which is often used for the cake cutting or for mingling after the wedding reception, looks out through a large bay window and two French doors to the patio, and has an all glass-wall view of Inn Marin’s pool. Large mirrors line the opposite wall, giving the room a spacious feel. The patio, paved with terracotta, is sheltered under umbrellas and another large magnolia. A classic Spanish fountain, water trickling placidly down its sides, formally marks the boundary between the patio and the lawn. The patio is an easy place to set up a bar, a bandstand or a dance floor, allowing guests to enjoy a fine day outdoors long into the evening.

Inn Marin displays a freshness of design and joie de vivre, from its great central courtyard and generous greenery to the big, robustly colored still lifes by the owners’ mother that adorn the walls. Couples often arrive here a day or two early, just so they can settle in and take temporary ownership of this unique, secret garden.

25 Reviews for Inn Marin

25 Inn Marin Reviews

B
Barbara

Married on 09/23/2017

It all began when we stayed at IM (Inn Marin) 2 years ago when we wanted to stay for 2 nights just out of SF, a place with a pool and pet friendly. We were sold! Just off the freeway but wouldn't have ... Read more known it. Comfortable, motor-lodge style rooms, air conditioned & clean! When we got engaged 9/2016 and were beginning our search, I knew IM would be our spot. It was becoming a larger wedding than I anticipated and when we met with the coordinator, Dana Marshall, all of my inhibitions were tamed. What a beautiful outdoor wedding we had - perfect weather for September, rooms available for numerous guests (shout out to Terri Rose for coordinating these for us), Rickey's Restaurant (on site) catered both our rehearsal dinner AND wedding! No 2 food appetizers, salads or entrees were the same (I'm in the business and variety and quality are very, very important to me!). Dana was awesome! Her team were awesome, the day was a dream come true! Let Inn Marin & Rickey's take care of you

J
Jenn

Married on 10/07/2016

We loved our wedding at Inn Marin! The day was absolutely perfect. Kelly, the catering director was amazing and helped coordinate everything the day of. They are a one stop shop when it comes to ... Read more wedding venues. The provide catering, tables, linens, and lighting. The staff was very accommodating and everything looked beautiful. Plus the weather was amazing, which was great because we chose to have the ceremony and reception outside. It was more affordable than lots of venues we looked at too. I'd definitely recommend the Inn Marin.

M
Melanie

Married on 11/06/2015

I can not imagine a better place to have my wedding. I have to say I planned my wedding in a month… Kate was awesome! Very patient, helpful, sweet, attentive, and professional. My wedding was better ... Read more than I expected!! it was beautiful! organized! Kate adapted to our budget and made all we wanted possible!! The place was magical and the staff very attentive and nice. It was just SO BEAUTIFUL!!