Jacksonville Public Library

Jacksonville, FL · View map · Visit website

About Jacksonville Public Library

Jacksonville Public Library - Downtown is an elegant event space in Jacksonville, Florida, that offers modern amenities and a friendly staff. Whether you need an event space that’s more fluid or one with fixed seating, you’re sure to find something to your liking here.

Facilities and Capacity

With eight event spaces, you choose what suits your needs; if that means that you need a spot to host 500 people, the Jacksonville Public Library - Downtown has you covered. With a total of 20,000 square feet, there are both indoor and uncovered outdoor settings to host your one-of-a-kind celebration. The Atrium is a perfect pick, as it offers various meeting rooms, courtyards and other appropriate settings for celebrations. There also are storage and dressing rooms available for booking, to make things easy for you and your-spouse-to be. The state-of-the-art conference rooms host smaller groups, making them great for occasions like an engagement party or bridal shower (which likely would draw smaller crowds when compared to your wedding reception).

Detail-oriented planners at Jacksonville Public Library - Downtown will coordinate elements for engagement parties, bridal showers as well as wedding ceremonies and receptions. There are four wedding-focused packages, each hitting a different price point and offering something more at the higher tiers (for example, the Emerald package covers event space, dressing and storage rooms, and an LED uplighting service). Some of their services include:

• Lighting/sound
  • Cleanup
  • Setup
  • Liability insurance
  • Bridal suite

Cuisine

Jacksonville Public Library - Downtown permits clients to have alcohol at their private events, but it’s to be served in designated areas only. Happy couples may drop off food and alcohol within a set timeframe leading up to the big day.

Location

The Jacksonville Public Library - Downtown staff knows you want to have a great time, but they do ask that you please refrain from decorations that are not free-standing (and not approved); prohibited items include rose petals, confetti, open flames, items with metallic glitter and bubble, fog or smoke machines. The venue offers parking and is a wheelchair-accessible location.

17 Reviews for Jacksonville Public Library

17 Jacksonville Public Library Reviews

K
Featured
Kerri Webb

Getting married on 09/02/2019

Our February Wedding

The Library was the perfect location for our outdoor February wedding! The most bang for your buck in Jacksonville, without sacrificing quality! Our night went flawlessly, thanks to Rebecca's help ... Read more that day. You won't regret choosing this location, I promise!

A
Amandalee Michaud

Getting married on 03/04/2021

Ashley Boyd is the Best!!!

The Jax Public Library is like the best kept secret of wedding venues! We had a great experience booking our wedding here and worked with the best coordinator to make our wedding dreams come true! ... Read more I've always wanted to get married in a library and have a vintage travel themed wedding, and the Jax Public Library made all of that happen! They were so easy to work with, provided tables and chairs, changed the set up as many times as I needed, had storage rooms available, and were quick to help or do anything that I needed to make my dream wedding possible. The courtyard is literally to die for with the lit fountain and trees down the aisle. We decorated the trees in fairy lights that made it even more magical. I definitely recommend this event space, and even more, I recommend Ashley Boyd as the best coordinator! Thank you so much for all your hard work and for making my wedding simply amazing! I loved every second of it! The library has lots of photo spaces for amazing shots and is right next to a park and old cathedral for even more great shots. Loved it!

Maggie
Maggie Merrill

Married on 04/25/2019

Best Venue Ever

Ashley and the whole team from the Library were amazing and I couldn’t have been more pleased with our venue choice. Everything was beautiful! Read more Ashley and the whole team from the Library were amazing and I couldn’t have been more pleased with our venue choice. Everything was beautiful!