Jacob Henry Mansion Estate

Joliet, IL · View map · Visit website

About Jacob Henry Mansion Estate

Jacob Henry Mansion Estate is a ballroom in Joliet, Illinois, hosting weddings for couples in the greater Chicago area. This historic mansion sets the scene for a couple’s wedding with vintage architecture and decor. Located two minutes from the Des Plaines River in Joliet, this venue is 45 minutes from Chicago’s O'Hare International Airport.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can invite up to 300 guests to travel back in time with them to experience the beauty and splendor of the Jacob Henry Mansion Estate. The property hosts a number of buildings, such as The Old Central Church, formerly the most prominent congregation in Joliet. This building’s sparkling stained-glass windows and original pipe organ are historic touches for couples on their wedding day. Couple’s can also marry at the Jacob Henry Mansion, with hand-carved woodwork and vintage decor, or in the gardens under the pristine white trellis. Receptions take place in either of the latter two spaces or in the Victorian Ballroom, complete with cathedral ceilings and antique chandeliers.

The venue offers an array of services to couples in order to make them feel like royalty on the estate property. These services include:

• Bridal suite
  • In-house catering
  • Parking
  • Setup

Cuisine
The chefs at the Jacob Henry Mansion Estate provide customized menu options for couples and their guests. Servers cater to attendees’ needs and bartenders keep the drinks flowing. Couples can even elect for a chocolate fountain for a unique dessert experience.

Other Services
In addition to ceremonies and receptions, the estate also hosts bridal showers and engagement parties.

History
The mansion was commissioned in 1873 by Jacob A. Henry as a private estate with 40 rooms. Each room contains a stately fireplace and the entire mansion is decorated with hand-carved oak and walnut. The main staircase is the central feature with a landing that boasts 119 hand carved octagonal spindles of burled walnut. In 1876 the mansion won the Architecture Award at the American Centennial Celebration in Philadelphia. Today, the estate is designated a National Historic Landmark and is one of the best examples of Renaissance Revival architecture in the state.

101 Reviews for Jacob Henry Mansion Estate

101 Jacob Henry Mansion Estate Reviews

B
Featured
Beth

Married on 09/22/2012

I found the Jacob Henry Mansion when we were planning our daughters wedding. We scheduled a visit to the venue and were completely impressed from the time we met with Sarah and her Mom. During the ... Read more planning stages, Sarah and her Mom were a joy to work with and made everything easy to coordinate even when I had questions. The ceremony, cocktail hour and reception were even more than I had ever expected. From the moment I stepped into the Victorian Ballroom, it took my breath away it was so beautiful. After the wedding was over, about 50 people commented to us that it was by far, without a doubt, the best wedding they had ever been to. I would absolutely hold another event or wedding at The Jacob Henry Mansion!!

User7244335

Recently married

I met with Amanda today to discuss possibly having my wedding at the Jacob Henry mansion and fell in love instantly with the estate and Amanda she showed me around and explained everything i think I'm ... Read more going to book my wedding there

Katie
Katie

Married on 10/08/2017

After reading a ton of reviews and looking at a ton of photos of the Jacob Henry we ended up making an appointment with Amanda, who is an amazing woman! From the very beginning she listened to what we ... Read more wanted and respected our wishes and our budget. She worked with us closely and became what I will always refer to as my day-of coordinator. She and her family run the mansion with dedication and grace and they made our day feel like a truly special event. We started with a full tour of the grounds, quickly learning that a wedding of our size meant having a reception in the Victorian Hall instead of the mansion itself. We were fine with this though, since the Hall and its connected spaces are also very beautiful (that full porch!!!) Amanda answered every single annoying email I threw at her and at all times made it clear she was on our side in all things. She was flexible with us too and was also upfront about all things, as far as costs and style goes. If I suddenly had a tacky idea she would save me from it and explain what might work better. Overall the venue was perfect and almost everything went off without a hitch. Amanda was perfect and was working hard throughout the night. On a sadder note, something unfortunate was brought to our attention by some of our guests and family members, including my mother-in-law and sister. I have already brought this to the attention of Amanda and I told her I would be mentioning it here just to be clear to future couples. There were two bartenders at our bar and one of them, younger and blonde I believe, was consistently RUDE to my wedding guests. I heard about it from many different sources and when I brought it up to Amanda she was apologetic and understanding and disappointed to hear it, although not surprised. The bartenders rude behavior ranged from shortness to having an attitude. That is the only disappointment from the Jacob Henry.