Jamaica Rabbi

New Kingston · View map

About Jamaica Rabbi

I am a Reform Rabbi. I enjoy officiating at weddings along the north coast of Jamaica, as well as in other Caribbean and Latin American countries. I live in Alabama but return frequently to my adopted home.I work intensively with each couple to create a unique service that reflects exactly what you want from that special day.

5 Reviews for Jamaica Rabbi

5 Jamaica Rabbi Reviews

A
abigail

Married on 11/24/2015

My husband and I planned a last minute, extremely casual wedding in Jamaica. Rabbi Kaplan was extremely understanding of the time crunch and worked with our schedules (we are extremely busy and travel ... Read more constantly) to help us plan the ceremony we wanted. Our planning sessions were informative and fun. At no point were we overwhelmed or uncomfortable with the pace or the planning for our wedding. Rabbi Kaplan arrived the day of the wedding and spent time with our family. This was important as we had less than ten guests and two of them were under the age of 5. The wedding was beautiful, exactly what we wanted, and we couldn't be happier with how things turned out. We would recommend Rabbi Kaplan to anyone planning a wedding in Jamaica.

H
Hannah

Married on 11/14/2015

Rabbi Kaplan officiated at our wedding at Round Hill, Hotel & Villas in Montego Bay, Jamaica. He worked closely with us from day one (from afar), scheduling several Skype sessions in which we went ... Read more over our backgrounds, what a Jewish ceremony meant to us, and each part of the wedding ceremony. We ultimately worked together to create an individualized and perfect wedding ceremony that we could not have been happier with. He is very kind, thoughtful, accommodating, knowledgeable, and extremely reliable. He was great at cultivating a nice friendship with us and with our families before the wedding day and he was a calming presence throughout the process. Rabbi Kaplan is very experienced and he anticipated, planned, and executed everything perfectly. We were thrilled with our experience with him and look forward to maintaining a relationship with him in the future.

M
Mollie

Married on 05/24/2015

Rabbi Dana Kaplan was excellent. Deserves more than 5 stars. We are from NY and got married in Jamaica, we were extremely nervous about having someone we haven't actually met in person officiate us ... Read more but Rabbi Kaplan made us feel comfortable from day 1. We skyped several times leading up to the wedding. He got to know us as a couple and we got to know him. He was also a delight to have at our wedding and completely adapted to our style when he officiated us. He is flexible, knowledgeable, and also funny! Highly recommend Rabbi Kaplan.