James Abel Events

New York, NY · View map · Visit website

About James Abel Events

James Abel Events is a full-service boutique wedding planning and event design company based in New York, New York. With over 25 years producing bespoke events, they bring an unparalleled level of expertise to every wedding they design. What sets James Abel Events apart from the rest is his experience, industry knowledge, long-standing relationships, and creativity to handle every single aspect of event planning.

Experience
Known for his impeccable taste and exquisite style, owner James Abel works meticulously to incorporate your aesthetic into his vision. His calm demeanor, combined with his hospitable attitude make the planning journey enjoyable. James enjoys transforming spaces and has worked in unique destinations such as the Beverly Wilshire Hotel, a historic barn in Texas, and the sandy beaches of Anguilla.

James Abel Events specializes in elegant and sophisticated weddings and special events worldwide. This one-stop shop offers planning packages for wedding ceremonies, receptions, and rehearsal dinners specifically designed to fit your needs and budget. Wedding services offered include the following:

• Budget analysis
  • To-do lists
  • Vendor referral
  • Willingness to travel

Other services
James Abel Events has an in-house creative team in charge of florals, invitations, and design. Whether your wedding is an intimate affair or an elaborate celebration, James and his staff manage every step to the last detail. Additional services available include:

• Florals

C
Carly Mcloughlin

Married on 03/15/2019

Amazing to work with

James was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was so quick and responsive and just read my brain in exactly what I wanted. The flowers were stunning! Read more James was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was so quick and responsive and just read my brain in exactly what I wanted. The flowers were stunning!!

C
Caroline

Married on 09/22/2018

We are so happy that we worked with James Abel to plan our wedding day! From the beginning, James understood exactly what we wanted our "dream" wedding to be and worked through every detail to make it ... Read more come to life. He was involved every step of the way - helping us lock down the perfect venue, plan our engagement shots, custom design beautiful wedding invitations and stationery, and coordinate with multiple vendors to execute a perfect wedding. He worked within our budget to make sure that all of our priorities were met beyond our expectations. He even saved the day and replaced all of our florals just two days before the wedding when a hurricane wiped out our vendor – he didn't tell us until the problem was solved so we wouldn’t worry! The flowers and decor at the wedding were incredible and suited both our taste and the venue perfectly. We have been to dozens of weddings over the last few years, and many of our guests are still reaching out to say it was the best, most beautiful and well executed wedding they have ever been to. We wish that we could do it all again! Thank you, James, for truly making this the best night of our lives!

D
Dawn Scalici

Married on 09/22/2018

5 Star Review of James Abel Events

I am providing my review of James Abel, not as the bride, but as the mother of the bride who also worked closely with James over the course of the wedding planning process. In short, I could not have ... Read more been more pleased with the absolutely gorgeous wedding that James and his team coordinated for my daughter Caroline and her husband Matt. It exceeded anything I could have imagined. From the practical standpoint, James worked closely with me on the budgeting aspect of the wedding, and he was creative and industrious in making the very most of our budget and negotiating discounts to help bring everything into line. At the same time, he provided great options to further enhance the overall event, and I happily took his advice. It was amazing how effortlessly James captured Caroline and Matt's vision for the wedding and executed it beyond what we could have dreamed. He easily acted on our many, many suggestions and further elevated the entire event with unique ideas of his own. The venue was breathtaking and the entire day unfolded flawlessly. I am still receiving notes from guests who were blown away by the day and so thankful they could be a part of it. I'm so thankful that we found James to plan Caroline and Matt's wedding, and I feel I have gained a new friend in the process. Hopefully we'll be able to work with James again to celebrate another happy event!