James Hardman Photography

Westbrook, ME · View map · Visit website

About James Hardman Photography

James Hardman Photography is an independently owned and operated studio located in southern Maine. We specialize in the capture of unique and beautiful weddings with an eye for those earnest, fleeting moments.

Employing a natural and documentary style, the focus is on capturing all of the day's most precious moments as and when they happen. With different packages to choose from, clients can customize the service to meet their needs. Some services and event items include:

• Additional hours

M
    Featured
    Marissa

Married on 05/13/2017

I couldn't be happier that I found James to photograph our May wedding in Portland! From our initial contact, he was totally genuine and completely understood our vision for how we wanted our wedding ... Read more captured. Communication could not have been better with James throughout the planning process (phone, email, and Facebook!), which was such an asset to me as I was planning from 200+ miles away. He scoped out our venue as well as some potential places around town for a first look, sending me pictures beforehand to get my input. On the day of our wedding, James showed up on time and got right to business, splitting his time well capturing everything that was going on. He was both well organized based on the details that we discussed and flexible in making our suggestions work! James' easy going personality really took the stress out of the day - and he did a great job of keeping us on time (not an easy task with a bridal party of 12 wandering around Portland!). Within a month of our wedding, he sent us our pictures and they were absolutely PERFECT! They truly capture the entire day (and well into the night!), and we've loved being able to share them with our family and friends. I couldn't recommend James more - he is beyond talented as a photographer and his willingness to go above and beyond for us really set him above the rest!

M
    Mary

Married on 10/06/2018

James was an absolute delight to work with. We got the engagement and event package, and this was the right call, because the engagement session with just the three of us allowed us to get to know him ... Read more better. He didn't want to pose us too much so the photos would be natural, and they were! We got our edited engagement photos in a sharable format promptly. James was communicative over email and text within a day or two, always punctual and professional. During our wedding ceremony and reception, I had no idea he was even there! We had him do our "getting ready" shots and was happy to pop in and out of our room to suit modesty preferences. During our formal posed photos, he was able to wrangle our families to get the shots we wanted, and found the prettiest and best-lit spot on our venue. I haven't seen our final photos yet, but I know they'll be wonderful. I highly recommend James Hardman for your wedding or special event photography!

G
    Gabriel

Married on 08/18/2018

Great working with James

James was great to work with and the photos came out great! Prior to the wedding, James took the time to get to know us and learn our preferences over the phone. Despite the tight schedule the day of ... Read more the wedding, he managed to pull us aside to get some great photos of just the two of us. Without disrupting the reception, he got a great mix of candid shots, as well as more formal group photos. Throughout the entire process, he put us at ease and it shows in the photos. We would highly recommend James for your wedding!