Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant

Keene, NH · View map

About Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant

Delighted and honored to have been awarded Bride's Choice Awards for 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and the Couple's Choice Award for 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019! I have also received Market Survey of America's Best of the Best for the greater Keene Area, 2013 and 2015 and 2016 and 2017 Keene Sentinel Readers' Choice 1st place awards for best Wedding Officiant. Featured in the 2018 Keene Sentinel Bridal Magazine.

Over 1,000 weddings officiated, over 260 reviews and a lifetime of love! Contact me if you want a ceremony that embodies your story!

Being a practicing Justice of the Peace/Wedding Officiant for the State of New Hampshire, since 2004, is an incredible honor and officiating over 1000 ceremonies since then is surreal. Since becoming a JP, I have steadily increased the number of weddings I have performed. I have traveled throughout New Hampshire , Massachusetts, Vermont and Maine. Being an integral part of a couple’s wedding experience is humbling. I love to write, and generally I put an entire ceremony together for a couple as part of our fee arrangement. I encourage couples to write their own vows, but if they would rather I write a reciprocal or non-reciprocal set from a questionnaire I provide every couple - then that is easily accomplished! Tailoring a ceremony specifically to a couple is what I do, unless a couple wants a simple no frills ceremony or perhaps an elopement.

My speciality is writing a ceremony that encompasses a unity piece crafted for each couple. My formula is to get to know my couples so that each and every element is reflective of their journey to marriage and their vision for the future. My speciality is a tree unity, which I have refined over the past 11 years and I have written a unity entitled "There is Always Room For Love., " which is thought provoking. I love a Wine Box Unity, a Wine Blending Unity, a butterfly release, a Knot Unity, a painting/guest book unity or a Time Capsule Unity. Please ask me about them!

If I am not available to officiate for you, consider having a family member or close friend read a ceremony that I custom write for you. Please contact me with any questions on how this can be done.

My fee is based upon the complexity of the ceremony, the venue, the amount of guests, travel time and arranging to be present at a rehearsal and meet and greet. My pricing range is from $200 to $600 generally, which includes travel. Please do not hesitate to call me with questions.

As a NH JP, officiating in MA. requires a waiver form that can be faxed to the Secretary of State’s office. There is no extra charge for this waiver. I've officiated in Topsfield, Newburyport, Holyoke, Cohasset, Wellesley,Templeton, Stow, Manchester-by-the Sea, Greenfield, Chatham, Gloucester, Boston, Salisbury, Tewksbury, Georgetown, Ipswich and Whately! Last year I traveled to Florida to officiate as part of a couple's destination wedding.

I have also officiated in Quechee, Ascutney, Dover, Rockingham and Bellows Falls, Vermont and Saco & York Beach, Maine. Because there is not reciprocity in marriage laws from state to state, some states require more from out-of-state JPs to officiate in their states. Just ask me and I'll tell you what my experience has been.

I've officiated in every county of New Hampshire. Some of the venues I frequent are Hidden Hills, Cathedral of the Pines, The Shattuck, The Bedford Village Inn, LaBelle Winery, Zorvino Vineyards, Keene Country Club, Stonewall Farm, The Grandview, The Woodbound Inn, Searles Castle, The Castleton, and Alyson's Orchard. I look forward to making your wedding a memorable experience.

271 Reviews for Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant

271 Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant Reviews

Laurel
Laurel

Getting married on 07/19/2020

A Beautiful Personalized Ceremony

I found Jane through a search online, but it turns out all I really needed to do was ask around, because she was the first name everyone thought of when I mentioned a JP. Based on our answers to a ... Read more questionnaire Jane was able to put together a beautiful ceremony that was personalized to us. We are so glad we had Jane officiate our ceremony and would highly recommend her to anyone.

Tammy
Tammy O'Brien Miles

Married on 08/03/2019

Wonderful ceremony

Jane did a fantastic job! Our ceremony was wonderful. She made our vows very personal, she quoted Mark Twain, she also added a ring warming ( everyone passed around our wedding rings and said a ... Read more prayer, blessing or good wishes) which I loved! It included our families into the ceremony itself. Jane did a great job and was amazing. Thank you Jane!!

E
Elizabeth Jaszczyszyn

Married on 07/28/2019

Jane Rokes made our wedding day perfect!

This past July we had an intimate wedding with family at a private home in Surry, New Hampshire. Since we are out of state residents, we located our wedding officiant, Jane Rokes, on line. She ... Read more responded immediately to our initial inquiry and was always accessible during the planning stage. We were extremely pleased with her approach in guiding us on creating a ceremony that was uniquely our own. She made an over whelming task a wonderful and memorable experience. We met Jane on the day of our wedding and her friendliness and professionalism was calming and greatly appreciated. We are so very happy that we chose Jane as our JP. She is excellent and made our wedding a perfect day!