Jewel Hair Design

Washington, DC · View map · Visit website

About Jewel Hair Design

Jewel Hair Design LLC is a traveling hair stylist for weddings in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. This team travels through the southwest, along the east coast, and anywhere couples choose to get married and spend their perfect day. They can guarantee that they’ll have the perfect hair for flawless photos on this occasion. The team of stylists with Jewel Hair Design is professional, organized, and punctual.

The stylists on this team specialize in updos, boho braiding, and other romantic styles for a couple’s wedding day. The design team works with couples in a manner that is positive and uplifting, choosing to showcase the beauty that has always been there. Multiple licensed stylists employed by Jewel Hair Design LLC can work with local couples or travel with couples to destinations to provide consultations and hair services. They can work with groups of up to 20 individuals. In addition to on-site hair services and hair trials, this stylist can provide:

• Blowouts

A
Featured
Alexandra

Married on 09/16/2017

Julie did hair for me and my MOH at my wedding in Santa Fe (Sept 2017). We were both thrilled with the results. I'd done a trial with another stylist (not associated with Jewel Hair Design) a few ... Read more months before my wedding and it became clear that the other stylist and I had pretty different aesthetics and were not a good match. As my wedding was looming, I was really worried about finding another stylist, so one of my friends stepped in to help with the search. She found Jewel. Because Julie recently relocated from Maryland, I think I overlooked her on my first pass, thinking that she was not in the New Mexico area and confused by all of the DC-area reviews. Do not make this mistake. While several stylists are still in Maryland, Julie *is* in Albuquerque, is very experienced, and fantastic at her job. Although she had another wedding booked the same day as mine, she was able to accommodate me in the morning and worked with me to design a hairstyle that would look great all day. And it really did. It was magazine-quality hair design that was a little looser but still just as lovely 16 hours later when it was finally time to take it down. Julie also recommended a makeup artist, who was also fantastic. Jewel's administrative and back-end system is very well organized and easy to use. It's clear that they know what they're doing and have figured out what works. Their rules and the bridezilla clause in their contract were reasonable but made it clear that this team has seen *everything*. Julie's work was more expensive than I'd expected, especially given the quotes I'd received from a few other stylists in New Mexico, but her work was top-notch and well worth it. (it's national-level work and priced accordingly.) I recommend Jewel Hair Design and Julie wholeheartedly!

B
Brianna Luna

Married on 03/23/2019

Couldn't be happier!

Julie did my hair on my wedding day, and she did an amazing job! I even took some tips from her to just do every day hairstyles. Julie was also super friendly and totally professional. I would ... Read more recommend Jewel Hair Design any day! Thank you again, Julie for making me look my absolute best on my wedding day!

S
Sean Britt

Married on 01/26/2019

Highly Recommend!

Jewel Hair Design (Cheryl especially) was a fantastic option for my wife and her bridesmaids during our wedding. Their team was extremely professional and went above and beyond on all of our needs.I ... Read more would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone that is in need of high quality hair services.