Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant

Dover, New Hampshire · View map · Visit website

About Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant

I am FULLY BOOKED for 2019 (with the exception of weekday elopements in the NH/So. ME seacoast). I am happy to refer you to one of my amazing colleagues, please message me with the location of your ceremony so I can refer you to an appropriate match.

2020 Weddings: I am ONLY accepting Elopements in the NH/So. ME/ No. MA seacoast region for 2020 AND I will also WELCOME English/Spanish Bilingual ceremonies.

After a decade of celebrating with so many wonderful couples I am stepping away from weddings for a while. I am happy to refer you to one of my amazing colleagues, please message me with the location of your ceremony so I can refer you to an appropriate match.

Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant. I am a professional Wedding Celebrant based in Dover, New Hampshire. As an experienced officiant I am well-organized and dedicated to providing personalized service to each of my clients. I am a graduate of the Celebrant Foundation & Institute, trained in the history, creation and presentation of unique wedding ceremonies. A great match for me is a couple seeking an original, memorable ceremony and who are open to a collaborative process. Conducting a rehearsal and communicating with your other ceremony vendors is also a part of my process and essential in ensuring a professional and worry-free ceremony.

Experience
Jo has been a public speaker for over 25 years and began performing ceremonies in 2008. In addition to being a Certified LifeCycle Celebrant, Jo is an Ordained Interfaith Minister of The Universal Brotherhood Movement, allowing her to perform ceremonies in Massachusetts and Maine as well. She also serves as a Justice of the Peace in the state of New Hampshire.
Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant, is a long-time ally and advocate of the LGBTQ community and welcomes the opportunity to celebrate with people of diverse ethnic communities and faith traditions. English/Spanish bilingual ceremonies are happily offered.

84 Reviews for Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant

84 Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant Reviews

Danielle
Featured
Danielle Baier

Married on 07/05/2019

Perfect Ceremony!!

My cousin recommended Jo to me, their wedding was lovely and I knew we needed her for our wedding! She is such a great person, attentive to detail, and on top of everything! She was our one vendor ... Read more who let us know what was needed and when, she kept us in line. Even our other vendors said that Jo was so on top of everything and they appreciated and loved it! Our ceremony was beautiful, she knows what she is doing, she handled all of the little details. From choreography, to readings, and everything in between, it was amazing. She’s also a great person to get to know. Jo forever has a special place in our hearts!! We can’t thank her enough!!

K
Katie

Married on 06/15/2019

Thoughtful, Personal, Talented

We are so lucky that we found Jo to officiate our wedding. From our first conversation and through the entire planning process Jo’s thoughtfulness and organization rang through. Over the months ... Read more leading up to our wedding through an in-person meeting, calls, and emails she truly got to know us and the ceremony she crafted was a genuine representation of our love story and personalities. Jo brought many ceremony ideas to the table and helped us brainstorm the many directions that our ceremony could go. Ultimately she made sure that together we found a structure, tone and message that we were thrilled with. Jo’s experience, constant communication, and confidence put us at ease throughout the planning process and her steady hand at rehearsal allowed us to truly relax and enjoy the ceremony because we knew we were in good hands. For two people who do not enjoy being the center of attention this made all the difference in the world on our big day. That organization and effort clearly paid off as we heard from every guest we spoke to how much they loved the ceremony. Our guests were so impressed that Jo was able to make our ceremony so personal and capture to our story and personalities so accurately. We could not agree with them more, Jo did a fantastic job and we are so happy that she could be a part of our big day.

Brianna
Brianna

Married on 12/01/2018

Jo was a huge hit at our wedding!

My husband and I didn't realize just how important the hiring of an officiant is until we started our search. They truly set the entire tone for the wedding. As started doing our research we became a ... Read more bit overwhelmed as we met with/spoke to a couple that we knew just wouldn't be a good fit for us. When we found Jo, read her reviews we had a good feeling she would be our perfect match. But what really solidified our decision was when I went to meet her with my mom over a "quick" cup of coffee that turned into a half-day date! We instantly clicked. She felt like family to us immediately. The entire process was seamless as she was always one-step ahead, never leaving us waiting or wondering. The day-of could not have gone any better, as she wrote the most beautiful ceremony just for us, and we got SO many compliments on her as an officiant. Everyone had the same feedback- that it was the perfect ceremony in every way. She had a lot in her hands (Our wedding!! Our vows!!) and she truly carried herself with such grace. We wouldn't change a single thing. "Choosing" Jo was the BEST decision! We just adore her!