Joe Payne Photography

Raleigh, NC · View map · Visit website

About Joe Payne Photography

Joe Payne Photography is a wedding photography company located in Raleigh, North Carolina. Though owner and photographer Joe Payne specializes in contemporary and photojournalistic styles of photography, he will also capture portraiture for your wedding. He is dedicated to capturing the authentic and true moments on your special day. Joe has a wide portfolio of wedding photography and many testimonials that praise his professionalism, talent and confidence.

Joe Payne Photography offers a slideshow as well as adding custom graphics to enhance your photos. A list of his services include:

• Additional hours
  • Engagement shoot
  • High-resolution images
  • Liability insurance
  • One event per day
  • Second shooter

Other Services
This company offers save the dates and thank you cards to send your guests. Additional items include:

• Albums

Featured
Katherine

Married on 09/01/2018

Joe is the best!

Pretty much right after booking our venue, my husband and I went through their list of recommended photographers because we knew that having amazing photographs from our wedding was a high priority ... Read more for us. As we reviewed all of the photographers' websites, Joe emerged as the clear frontrunner because of how beautifully he leverages natural light in his work and how nicely he captures genuine emotions. Meeting him on a video call further reinforced that he was a great fit for us because he is down-to-earth and has a great sense of humor but also takes the quality of his work very seriously. Joe ended up doing both our engagement photographs and our day-of wedding photography. He has a very well-organized process for gathering information about couples' styles and the types of photographs that they want leading up to the wedding through distributing periodic and detailed online forms, which made communicating everything to him super easy for us. Joe also set aside some time to grab a drink with us before our engagement photographs and get to know us, which was an excellent idea and helped further refine his understanding of relationship dynamic, which we feel really contributed to the quality of our photos. We don't have formal photographs taken of us very often and knowing that that is the case with most people who get engaged and married, he was also awesome at making us feel comfortable and providing clear and helpful instructions to us about how we should stand, pose, and interact to get the best shots. On the day of our engagement pictures, his commitment to getting the lighting perfect and varying it for different settings was also seriously impressive-- we moved around quite a bit and the variety of the resulting work product was lovely. On the day of our wedding, it was raining on and off and Joe was super flexible and patient with the way in which the circumstances threw our original schedule off. In the end, we got a bunch of stunning rain-free photos and also got a few bonus artsy ones that featured a bit of rain, which we loved. The wedding party echoed our opinion that Joe was wonderful to work with and made everyone feel so comfortable, which contributed to the overall positive vibe of the day. The pictures that Joe delivered from our wedding were the perfect balance of traditional group portraits, shots of the decor and details that we valued capturing after having spent so much time wedding planning, and a lot of great candids. He captured my desired aesthetic of a little bit of glamour, romance, and tradition and a lot of fun in the most gorgeous way. Long story short, hiring Joe was a no-brainer for us and a choice that we would make again and again if we could do things all over! :)

A
Anh

Married on 05/19/2019

The best photographer in the area

I am the kind of bride who puts a lot of time and effort into researching each and every vendor till I find a perfect match. I rank my wedding vendors in an excel spreadsheet and Joe was my number one ... Read more choice in the photographer category. My husband and I planned our wedding on a moderate budget but we knew we had to prioritize photography and videography because years from now, photos and videos will be the only physical things we have left with to remember our wedding day by. One of my husband's groomsmen who is a wedding photographer recommended Joe and said he was the best photographer in the area. When I saw Joe's photos on his website and instagram, I knew we had to book him fast! Joe was so accommodating when my husband and I wanted our first look to be at a different location. He reached out to the location to ask for permission to take pictures there. On our wedding, Joe drove me while his assistant, Erin drove my husband to our first look location. It was a pretty warm summer day and I was sure they were exhausted taking pictures in the sun but both of them stayed enthusiastic and excited throughout the night. Joe and Erin were very dedicated, professional and easy to get along with. We were able to see our first photo on Joe's instagram and thought it looks stunning. We highly recommend Joe and Erin and truly appreciate all of their help on our big day!

Sandra
Sandra

Married on 04/13/2019

Could not be more pleased with our whole experience!!!

I cannot emphasize enough what an exceptional job Joe and his assistant Richard did as our wedding photographers. Joe was the first vendor I booked after we had our date and location, which was super ... Read more lucky as he is in high demand. His expertise in documentary and portrait style photography is immediately evident in his online portfolio, and completely sets him apart from other wedding photographers. His use of lighting and composition is simply STUNNING. When I called to inquire about his availability, Joe’s warmth and easy-going nature came through even over the phone. He met in person with my (now) husband and I, and sent us a detailed questionnaire to get to know us better and make sure he understood exactly what was most important to us to capture that day. Our other vendors were also excited to learn we hired Joe, as they enjoyed working with him previously. On the wedding day Joe and Richard were right on time and both had a great sense of humor that put everyone at ease. We wanted a full hour for our first look since we don’t have a lot of great photos of us as a couple. Joe scoped out sites all around the venue earlier that week to take full advantage of the time. We took a few formal family photos, mostly before the ceremony, so we were able to make it to most of our cocktail hour. The majority of the event I didn’t even notice he was there and was able to just relax and enjoy the time with my guests. Both Joe and Richard worked SO hard. They were down on the floor, up on chairs, constantly moving around the room, whatever was needed to get the most unique shots. They really did the beauty of our venue justice (The Cotton Room), but it is the intense emotion they captured from so many of our friends and family that we will truly treasure forever. Joe did a fantastic job editing the close to 900 photos he shared with us. The turnaround was impressive (6 weeks), especially considering this was peak wedding season and included a holiday weekend. Bottom line, it is SO critical to hire a wedding photographer with a lot of experience in the particular style that draws you in. For us, we wanted a more artistic and authentic representation of our day and there was no question Joe was the best choice for this. We are giddy about the results and can’t wait to share the photos with everyone with love.