Johnny Herbert

Paramus, New Jersey · View map · Visit website

About Johnny Herbert

Singer-Songwriter, Ukulele Player and Pianist, and Wedding Wire Couples' Choice Award winner for each of the past 5 years.

Thanks for checking out my profile! Since 2010 I have provided music for more than 300 wedding ceremonies, making me one of the most frequently booked wedding performer in the US. I combine the cheerful and relaxing sounds of the uke with smooth, jazz vocals - I can take a song from any era or style and create an original and special performance for your wedding ceremony.

FREE SONG SAMPLE OFFER: I will respond to your request within one hour. Let me know if you'd like to hear a sample of a specific song, I am happy to do a quick recording and send that over to you free of charge. I will work hard to make the music for your wedding memorable, unique and beautiful.

"Johnny brought amazing talent and good vibes to our wedding! Leading up to the big day, he was very communicative and when we asked for a specific request, he quickly sent a sample back and absolutely nailed it. We had very particular goals of making sure our whole day was calm, cool, and authentically us. And Johnny brought his A-game and made sure the music was on point to the vibe we set out for. THANK YOU!" -Ellen O.

"There are no words to express how happy and grateful we are that Johnny was part of our wedding day From the beginning, Johnny was unbelievably accommodating and friendly, and we knew off the bat we could trust him. We weren't necessarily looking for a ukulele player, but Johnny's rendition of Book of Love had us hooked and we knew he was the right fit. From our first call, he made us extremely comfortable and went above and beyond - he learned songs that were special to us, set us up with a violinist for the prelude and ceremony, and sent us an entire list so we could put them on our DJ's "do not play" list for the reception. On the wedding day, he arrived early and was professional and friendly to all. Having live music made a huge impact on the ceremony and he played the songs that were special to us perfectly." -Lisa C.

75 Reviews for Johnny Herbert

75 Johnny Herbert Reviews

M
Featured
Michelle

Married on 09/05/2014

Our ceremony music was BEAUTIFUL! John has quite a talent on the piano and brought me to tears of joy during our first meeting when he played the song I chose for the bridal processional (Marry Me, by ... Read more by Train). Just stunning. John is also professional, helpful and responsive - he met with with us several times to help us choose the most perfect songs for our wedding. He was quick to reply to emails and also spent time going over the details of the ceremony, which helped put our minds at ease before attending the rehearsal. We are truly thankful that whenever we watch our wedding video we can enjoy such breathtaking music. Thank you, John, for a job well done!

M
Mikayla

Married on 05/18/2019

Absolutely Made the Day

Johnny was WONDERFUL to work with. He not only worked with us to for the playlist for the evening (ceremony and cocktail hour) but he emailed back and forth with us about our first dance, and send us ... Read more samples of it so we could practice. He was thorough, communicative, and just so so easy to work with. Not to mention he is a stellar ukulele player! We had him play all uke, but his piano skills are just as impressive. We received so many compliments on the music during both the ceremony and cocktail hour. Everyone we talked to said his playing "set the mood" and complimented his voice. My only regret is we didn't get to hear more of his fabulous playing!!!! If you're looking for live music, whether you need something to set a tropical mood, or someone to play some jazzy pop tunes, I promise you will not be disappointed with Johnny. Payment was easy and he sent clear and concise contracts over. Highly highly recommend him!!

S
Sara Belgiovine Capone

Married on 11/18/2018

Crowd Pleaser

Johnny Herbert was such a pleasure to work with. He went above and beyond to make our day special. He is a great, friendly communicator and followed up with us throughout the planning process. He was ... Read more was willing to let us control as much as we wanted, but we gave him carte blanche to make decisions about what to play. It’s one of the best decisions we made! In my husband’s vows he referenced “I Want to Grow Old with You” from The Wedding Singer, and Johnny was so attentive that he decided on the spot to play that song as we walked out. So many of our guests said how sweet they thought that was and were so surprised when we told them we had not planned it. We did not want to do the traditional loud DJ music so we hired him for our ceremony and reception to make it more “us.” So many of our guests went out of their way to contact us after the wedding to say how much they enjoyed his music and the vibe he was able to create in the room. He is so talented and so personable. We would highly recommend him to anyone!