Jonathan Ivy Photography

Houston, TX · View map · Visit website

About Jonathan Ivy Photography

Jonathan Ivy Photography is a wedding photography business based in Houston, Texas. While Jonathan and Samantha, who are the husband-and-wife photography team, are based in Houston, they also serve couples planning weddings all over Texas as well as worldwide. They specialize in a contemporary and photojournalistic style when they shoot. Following your big day, you will be left with a collection of meaningful photographic memories you will be able to share with your loved ones and cherish forever.

With every wedding shoot Jonathan and Samantha do, they offer couples coverage from both of them as well as high-resolution files, a personal print release, and an online gallery. If you would like more coverage, they do offer additional hours. If you would like to showcase your images, Jonathan Ivy Photography has flush-mounted and matted styled albums. Other options include the following and more:

• Canvas

R
Featured
Reina

Married on 08/25/2018

I could not be happier with the way our engagement photos turned out! I originally found Jonathan Ivy Photography while searching for locations to do engagement photos in Houston, and then when ... Read more looking back, saw that all of the photos / locations were from the same photographer. From the moment I contacted Jonathan and Samantha, everything was SO easy. We wanted to capture shots all over Houston, and they were able to accomoodate EVERY SINGLE location which we wanted to shoot at, propose a mapped out route with exact times they would recommend spending at each location, etc. and it all turned out to be Perfect! I was worried it was going to feel awkward, but Jonathan makes you feel so comfortable and when you are "stuck" on what to do with your hands, etc. he knows exactly the way to suggest a "pose" without it looking too forced or pose-y. After our shoot day, they were so fast to deliver the photos, make the edits, and mail us our USB of pictures. It was so fun hanging out with Jonathan on our shoot day and getting to know Jonathan and Samantha through our email and in person interactions, and if we weren't getting married in Pennsylvania I'd totally have booked them for our wedding!! I would not hesitate to recommend these guys to any one in the area. Thank you!!

S
Sara Taghikhani

Getting married on 03/04/2020

Best of the best

Wow where do I start? Jonathan and Sam are the best decision I have made when it came to my engagement photos and capturing my wedding. Throughout every step of the way Sam was an email away. She was ... Read more informative, detailed and never got annoyed with all my questions or anxious bride moments. Jonathan did a wonderful job of capturing every single moment! He was open to capture any type of photo I wanted, from the cheesy pinterest poses to my bridal party jokingly giving the finger as an "lol" moment. He even captured my dogs in the perfect light! He makes you laugh, advises you to take a shot and has fun capturing you in the most natural setting. I really appreciate that because I tend to get awkward if a camera is put to my face. Jonathan even calmed me down when my makeup artist was over an hour late. He assured me it's okay, take a deep breath and that we will get all the photos I ever wanted and he was absolutely right. I received all my final photos and my album super quick (along with a flash drive with high resolution photos). To give you an idea of how amazing they really are, when my wedding photo made it to the San Antonio Wedding Magazine Issue, they offered to send me a copy since I lived in Houston and couldn't get access to it. I cannot thank them enough. I am obsessed with my album and still look through it like it's my first time seeing it. They are worth every penny and I look forward to emailing them one day when I need a maternity photoshoot (not sure if they even do that, but maybe if I beg them enough). Thank you Jonathan and Sam, you guy are wonderful and thank you for making my special day unforgettable.

H
Hannah

Married on 04/27/2019

Hire them now!

Beyond Jonathan's obvious talent in photography, he and his team are also a joy to be around. This means more than I realized when planning. We chose him based on his amazing gallery and style - his ... Read more photos are everything we'd hoped for and more. But what we didn't consider was the way he interacted with our guests to get those photos. He had a way of keeping the attention of those he needed to shoot and kindly preventing distractions from those that didn't need to be in particular photos. We had a two day wedding event and everyone loved interacting with Samuel and Jonathan! They're FUN, easy going, and ultra professional - exactly the kind of vibes a stressed bride needs. These guys are a true gem in San Antonio - we're so happy we chose them and you should too!