Joya beauty

Dover, New Hampshire · View map · Visit website

About Joya beauty

Hey, Joanne McDonoug here and I am the artist behind Joya, I began my makeup career in 2002 training in NYC and choosing bridal beauty as my specialty. You can find more detailed information including rates and how to book on my website: http://joyabeauty.com

Experience
Makeup artistry has been featured on the covers and inside various magazines, including Grace Ormond’s Wedding Style and Marriage Magazine (New England), New Hampshire Magazine Bride, New Hampshire Wedding Magazine, and Runway Fashion Events for Grace Ormond Wedding Style and Marriage Magazine. I also helped launch the American Cancer Society’s Look Good Feel Better program at Wentworth Douglas Hospital in Dover, New Hampshire. In addition to makeup, I am a licensed skin care therapist.

Joya Beauty provides clients with a selection of licensed beauty services that include consultations, facials, hair removal (threading, tweezing, and waxing), and men’s grooming. I can create your look for makeup trials and on-site makeup using airbrush makeup, contour makeup, and eye makeup, as well as:

• Brow/lash tinting

M
Featured
Megan

Married on 09/02/2018

I don't even know where to begin! Joanne is simply amazing. Joanne was one of the first vendors I booked for my wedding. From the very beginning when I contacted her, I knew it would be the right fit. ... Read more She was enthusiastic about my wedding from the start. She is very organized and detailed. She provided me with a packet of information with rates and all of the information I needed to know about her services. I saw Joanne several times for facials before my wedding, so we got to know each other well. She is so attentive and genuine, not to mention TALENTED. For my make-up trial, both my mom and sister came with me. They each had their make-up trial, too, and they were floored by Joanne's expertise and service. My mom still talks about this day and says it is the most beautiful she has ever felt! The day of my wedding, Joanne kept everyone calm and collected. She was SO patient with everyone and made all 7 of my bridesmaids and 3 mothers feel and look incredible. Joanne makes you feel like family. If you are thinking about booking with Joanne, do NOT even think twice about this. She is absolutely incredible and a JOY to work with. You will not regret it!! Love, Megan

S
Sarah

Married on 07/11/2019

Absolutely perfect

I must prefix this review by saying that I have done my makeup the same way since middle school.. And began my wedding makeup consult with the statement " I am makeup illiterate". Joanne immediately ... Read more reassured me that she would walk me through the process. She took my very minimal suggestions and made me look and feel beautiful. On the day of the wedding, she did a beautiful job on not only myself, but all of my bridesmaids and MOB/MOG (a few of which are just as uneducted about makeup as I am). I had a very eclectic wedding party, and she was able to give each person the look they were hoping for. She even was able to accommodate for a last minute add on makeup mere hours before the ceremony. Beyond her actually skill with makeup and achieving looks that each person requested, her people skills are unmatched. I had a very difficult time controlling my emotions the last 2 hours before my ceremony (to the point that I was unable to speak wihout crying), and Joanne immediately became my therapist/meditation guru. She was able to keep me calm (as I could be) and really just catered too my every need. Joanne is a wonderful person with great energy. I had serval bridesmaids who said that they plan on using her services in the future for any/all special events! I can not reccomand Joanne with Joya beauty enough!

Kristen
Kristen Fleming

Married on 07/06/2019

Book Joya Beauty!

When I first researched make-up artists for our wedding, I must have read 20 or 30 vendor reviews. When I got to the reviews for Joanne, I knew I found the right person. Every single one noted two ... Read more very important things: her immense talent AND her and her warmth, kindness, generosity and true love of helping a bride on this incredibly special day. Let me tell you -- what they say is true. Joanne is an extraordinary talent AND wonderful human being. She is EXACTLY who you want to trust on your day. Both my mom and I plan to continue to use Joanne for her facial services in the future, and I'm so glad our relationship gets to continue! Book Joanne!!