Joya beauty

Dover, New Hampshire · View map · Visit website

About Joya beauty

Hey, Joanne McDonoug here and I am the artist behind Joya, I began my makeup career in 2002 training in NYC and choosing bridal beauty as my specialty. You can find more detailed information including rates and how to book on my website: http://joyabeauty.com

Experience
Makeup artistry has been featured on the covers and inside various magazines, including Grace Ormond’s Wedding Style and Marriage Magazine (New England), New Hampshire Magazine Bride, New Hampshire Wedding Magazine, and Runway Fashion Events for Grace Ormond Wedding Style and Marriage Magazine. I also helped launch the American Cancer Society’s Look Good Feel Better program at Wentworth Douglas Hospital in Dover, New Hampshire. In addition to makeup, I am a licensed skin care therapist.

Joya Beauty provides clients with a selection of licensed beauty services that include consultations, facials, hair removal (threading, tweezing, and waxing), and men’s grooming. I can create your look for makeup trials and on-site makeup using airbrush makeup, contour makeup, and eye makeup, as well as:

• Brow/lash tinting

Featured
Susie Boretti Panduku

Married on 09/07/2019

Absolute Perfection!

Joanne was the first vendor I booked for my wedding, per the recommendation of my venue. And I am SO glad I did! I cannot imagine anyone else making me look and feel so special for my wedding day. ... Read more day. Before my wedding day, I was lucky enough to get to visit with Joanne for not only my make up trial, but also my engagement photo make up and a dermaplaning facial to make my skin glow before my wedding day (both at a special bridal discount)! These extra visits made me even more comfortable working with Joanne. When my wedding day came, I knew she would make not only make me look amazing, but also my seven bridesmaids, my junior bridesmaid, and my mom and mother in law. Given the fact that we had a long list of people to get through, Joanne was impressively efficient, getting through everyone quickly, while doing SUCH a great job making everyone look beautiful, yet natural. Joanne uses airbrush to apply the make up so not only does it stay on long (through happy tears and sweaty dancing) but it also feels light and is relaxing through application. I would highly recommend anyone work with Joanne - I know I will insist any friends and family to work with her! Just book quick because she books up fast! Even though my wedding day has come and gone, I will still remain a client of Joanne's for any and all skin care services I need.

K
Katherine Stewart

Married on 08/03/2019

Joanne is the best. Period.

Joanne is amazing, so if she is free on your date, stop looking and hire her now. She was wonderful to work with at every step in the planning process, from an initial phone call to my makeup trial to ... Read more the wedding day, where she came to the venue and not only did my makeup but also did makeup for my bridal party, my mom, and a member of the groom's party. I don't wear much makeup, and I wanted to look and feel my best on my wedding day, but wasn't sure what that might entail. Joanne has such an thoughtful presence-- she will listen to what you think, make suggestions based on her wealth of experience and knowledge, and give you honest answers. I was thrilled with how I looked and felt, and my makeup stayed fresh all night, even with being outside and dancing. My vision for the bridal party was for everyone's makeup to have them feeling confident and all around awesome, whatever that meant to them! Folks in my party have varied personal styles and come from different racial/ethnic backgrounds, so it was really important to me that anyone who worked with us would 1) have experience working with women of color, which not all New England-area makeup artists do, and 2) be committed to collaborating with each person to help them realize what they envisioned. Joanne took the time to get to know each member of my party and understand (and help them understand) what they wanted. Everyone felt affirmed and gorgeous and had a total blast working with her. Quote from one bridesmaid: "She is an absolute gem." I also have to mention Joanne's organization. She made a schedule in concert with our hair stylist (shameless plug for Lena of Hair That Moves-- hire her too!), our photographer, and our planner, and she helped make sure we stayed on time all day. This is no small feat with a party of 8 people who all like each other and get distracted (myself included), and it was great to have one less thing to keep track of as a bride. Some of the best parts of a big event are when you're getting ready, and Joanne was such a wonderful person to have around in the midst of the anticipation and lead-up. All my family/friends loved her, and I hope I have another reason to get my makeup done in the future so I can hire her all over again. Thank you, Joanne!

K
Kelley Stump

Married on 08/02/2019

Joanne is the BEST!

Joanne is not only amazing at her craft, but she's also a truly wonderful person and an absolute joy to work with. I can't recommend her highly enough! I don't use much makeup day-to-day, but she made ... Read more made me feel comfortable from the very beginning. She helped me craft an amazing look, and I truly felt the part of a beautiful bride on my wedding day. Not only this, but the moms and bridemaids loved working with her as well! I was planning my wedding from afar, and I also can't thank her enough for being so responsive to my emails, texts and calls. She is incredibly efficient and accommodating, lightening the load of the wedding planning process. Joanne is the answer to all your wedding day makeup needs!