Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer

Southborough, MA · View map

About Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer

I am a Justice of the Peace for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. My commission was issued as one of the Justices of the Peace for the Town of Southborough. This allows me to officiate for your special day anywhere within the Commonwealth. Since becoming a Justice of the Peace, I have been an active member of the Massachusetts Justices of the Peace Association, Inc. (www.mjpa.org) having served two terms as its President from July 1, 2007 through June 30, 2011. I served on the Executive Board as an elected Director until June 30, 2015. Also, I served on the Executive Board as the Immediate Past President from July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2013. Previously, I served as Secretary of the Executive Committee for 2 years. I am also an active member of the New England Wedding Professionals (http://www.newpweddings.com).

To date, I have professionally, happily and proudly officiated over 840 ceremonies in the Commonwealth.

At it's Annual Meeting, Sunday, 6/24/12, I was presented the Richard M. Percoco, Sr. Award by the Massachusetts Justices of the Peace Association, Inc. "FOR HIS OUTSTANDING AND DISTINGUISHED SERVICE TO THE MJPA."

310 Reviews for Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer

310 Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer Reviews

Brandy
Brandy Woodtke

Getting married on 10/19/2019

Made our little ceremony very sweet!

Mike was amazing! He was very sweet and made our "ceremony" very special. I would highly recommend him. Read more Mike was amazing!! He was very sweet and made our "ceremony" very special. I would highly recommend him.

S
Seth

Married on 06/14/2019

Very happy couple!

Mike was a very easy officiant to work with! In our initial meeting Mike answered all questions we had and gave some suggestions as well. He offers a HUGE binder of ceremony ideas, complete with ... Read more readings and different ways to word your ceremony. You essentially get to pick exactly what you want him to say and he will write up the ceremony based on your selections...or in our case allow you to write your own! Mike is a seasoned officiant who is very prompt to answer any and all questions you may have leading up to your big day.

E
Erin Moody

Married on 06/08/2019

Kind and professional officiant

I am very happy to write this review for Mike Backer and would recommend him to anyone. He was so easy to work with, and we knew he was the perfect fit for us the first time we met with him. He has a ... Read more binder full of suggested wordings for each different portion of a wedding ceremony and plenty of options for readings as well. Even though he provides these wording options, he was extremely open to changes that we made to our ceremony script up until just a few days before the wedding. With our permission he also added a few jokes into the ceremony and went "off script" a tiny bit, which was perfect - just the right amount of humor and personalization without taking too much attention or deviating too far from what we had discussed and had written out in advance. He is genuinely such a great guy and truly a professional. You will have nothing to worry about if you choose Mike for your ceremony!