Kala Ketchum Makeup & Hair

Santa Cruz, CA · View map · Visit website

About Kala Ketchum Makeup & Hair

Kala Ketchum Makeup & Hair is a hair and makeup company in Santa Cruz, California. Kala Ketchum, the owner, is a licensed esthetician, professional makeup artist, and hair stylist, specializing in weddings, commercials, fashion, and other events. She provides her services to Monterey, Carmel, San Jose, and San Francisco.

Experience
Kala's most notable clients are Levi's, Macy's, Apple, Nieman Marcus, Nordstrom, Mervyn's, Pottery Barn, 98 Degrees, Gottschalks, The Food Network, Women & Men's Health, among others. Her understanding of photography, production, and aesthetics came from three decades of experience in the fashion industry throughout Europe and America.

Kala Ketchum Makeup & Hair offers a multitude of beauty, hair, and makeup services, including:

• Consultations
  • Blowouts
  • Contour makeup

4 Reviews for Kala Ketchum Makeup & Hair

4 Kala Ketchum Makeup & Hair Reviews

C
Candice

Married on 10/09/2016

Kala is an incredibly talented artist. I wasn't completely sure of what I wanted, but she was flexible and able to work with me to make me look fabulous on my wedding day. My make-up and hair were ... Read more above and beyond what I could have imagined! I've already been recommending her to all of my friends!

W
Whitney

Married on 04/26/2015

When you think of your big day make-up and hair are so important to looking and feeling your best. Kala absolutely nailed by Bridal look, my hair and makeup were both stunning and exactly what I ... Read more wanted. On the morning of my wedding I woke up with two huge blemishes on my face and Kala is such a pro that she covered them flawlessly and you couldn't see them at all or in any of my photos! Leading up to my wedding she answered all of my questions in a timely manner and was super helpful and easy to communicate with. Not only is Kala talented she is such a pleasure to work with, her kind spirit and infectious energy was exactly what I needed on the morning of my wedding. She made me feel comfortable and relaxed. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone who needs their hair and makeup done for their wedding, engagement shoots, etc!

K
Kristen

Married on 09/20/2014

There is no doubt in my mind that Kala is the best in the biz. Not only was she so warm & fun to work with, she was professional and made sure I got exactly what I was envisioning. You want someone ... Read more who will not only make you look beautiful but feel beautiful and comfortable, so personality is important, and I couldn't have been happier working with her. I knew what sort of look I wanted to go for and though I had a hard time articulating it exactly, she totally nailed it! She also did my mom, sister & MOH - and captured their personalities perfectly and made them look stunning. My makeup was flawless - I looked and felt my best on the most important day thanks to Kala! HIGHLY recommend!!