Kansas City Marriott Downtown

Kansas City, MO · View map · Visit website

About Kansas City Marriott Downtown

Kansas City Marriott Downtown is a hotel wedding venue located in Kansas City, Missouri. Boasting a number of upscale event spaces, the venue is overflowing with elegance, opulence, and refined charm. A terrific place for hosting your ceremony and reception, there is room for both large celebrations and intimate affairs.

Facilities and Capacity

With several different spaces for you, your significant other, and the extended wedding party to avail of, you will be spoiled for choice upon your arrival at Kansas City Marriott Downtown.

Celebrate your memorable wedding ceremony at Barney Allis Historic Lobby where you can say ‘I do’ in polished surroundings. Here, stylish light fixtures hang from the ceiling, wall-fitted mood lighting casts a warm glow around the room, while elegant wooden decor lends a refined glaze to the room. Chiavari-style chairs can be arranged for your guests, while you and your partner can exchange vows at the head of the room in front of the marble fireplace.

The Imperial/Colonial Ballroom measures 17,040 square feet, making it perfect for an extravagant celebration. Crystal chandeliers glint and sparkle overhead, while everybody takes in the magical surroundings of marble columns and intricately styled flooring. An ideal place for hosting the wedding-day meal, the room can also be separated into several smaller spaces. This means that more low-key events can bask in this room’s splendor.

The Count Basie Ballroom can also be separated into multiple spaces, while the interior is equally beautiful. Boasting 15,080 square feet of room, it makes for a great reception space.

The versatility and adaptability of this venue means that weddings of between 25 and 500 people can easily be accommodated here.

Kansas City Marriott Downtown provides a wedding reception package which can be customized to suit the happy couple’s needs and requests. For those seeking to celebrate their reception here, the following are included: dance floor, one bartender for every 100 guests, waiters, and more. They can also provide setup and cleanup services, while an event planner can be made available to assist with the day’s organization. They can also assist you in connecting with a variety of trusted vendors.

Cuisine

The catering services they provide include buffet, cocktail reception, dessert, hors d’oeuvres, plated, stations, and more. Depending on how you decide to personalize your package, entrees such as pan-seared chicken, slow-roasted pork, and other delicacies are available. Whether you desire haute-cuisine or wholesome food, this hotel has something to suit a wide range of palates.

Accommodation

Kansas City Marriott Downtown offers guest rooms for the wedding party to avail of, so that they can opt to stay the night of the reception. Of course, the newlyweds, too, can avail of luxurious onsite accommodation.

3 Reviews for Kansas City Marriott Downtown

3 Kansas City Marriott Downtown Reviews

C
Featured
Andrea

Married on 08/28/2010

I had the best experience with the Marriott and cannot say enough good things! Catering: I was on a semi-tight budget and they really bent over backwards to provide me with a good menu option that was ... Read more was delicious and fit in my means. Their coordinator, Pex, made the entire experience - from the tasting to the actual day - a seamless process. On the day of the wedding, the food turned out better than I could have imagined. It was served hot and I received numerous compliments on how this was one of the best meals they had ever gotten at a wedding reception. I highly recommend the Kansas City Marriott! Reception Location: I rented out the Muehlebach Lobby which is a unique event space. I was looking for something a little historic and different than the usual hotel ballroom - and this was the place. I felt like it had an old hollywood feel (even though it was smack in the middle of the country). Pex , their coordinator, again helped me transform this room into the perfect space and laid out tables so that there was enough room for all the guests, a substantial dance floor, and room for a photo booth. The room didn't feel too big or small. I loved it and the entire experience there was perfect. Wedding Planning: Pex is their wedding coordinator. She did an amazing job of helping keep the reception organized. She worked with the chef to provide a great menu, took care of laying out the tables, DJ, dance floor, etc, and was extremely flexible when I wanted to change my mind. She was always really responsive and helped make the reception stress free. Thank you Pex for making our reception so great!

Ms. Rikaah
rikaah

Getting married on 09/05/2020

venue/food

Venue was great we went to sign the contract and when we did the walk thru they told us that we could have our own catering service and when we met back up the second time to sign they all act like ... Read more they didn't know what we was talking about we had to find a whole other venue it was so stressful

J
Andrea

Married on 06/12/2010

4.3

Pex did a great job pulling everything together. It was a great venue for a large wedding reception. The food was excellent and the layout was coordinated well with the DJ and Florist. They were very ... Read more very helpful and overall I enjoyed working with them. They were flexible with picking a menu and they took care of all the details. The staff was very helpful and accomidating.

Kansas City Marriott Downtown FAQ