Kara Coleen Photography

Redondo Beach, CA · View map

About Kara Coleen Photography

I love photography and enjoy not only capturing important moments but also being apart of them. Through my photography and writing, I weave imagery and words together to tell stories about the amazing people I meet. With each photo session and each blog post, I learn a little something new about life, love and family, and I feel that much more connected. Let me help you create your love story.

6 Reviews for Kara Coleen Photography

6 Kara Coleen Photography Reviews

D
Diana

Married on 07/26/2014

Fantastic, Fabulous.... Kara has a wonderful "eye" in capturing beautiful moments and keeping the couple relaxed and happy. Her photography is incredible. She did both the engagement pictures and the ... Read more wedding pictures...terrific! We were thrilled she returned to DC to photograph the wedding. We couldn't be happier. If you have an opportunity to have Kara as your photographer, you will not regret it. We are delighted!

A
Alexandra

Married on 10/26/2013

Words truly cannot express how wonderful Kara is. She is charming, professionalism, personable, and, on top of that, an exceptional photographer. She captures personality, mood, and feeling in such a ... Read more way that not only feels natural but somehow impossible. She ably catches glances between friends and love ones, exchanges and gestures that you would have never thought were possible, and in so doing captures moments that behind anyone else’s lens may have been lost forever. Moreover, these moments are always beautiful. Her facility with lenses and lighting are astounding. Every picture that she took of our wedding, of our friends, of our family, of us, deserves to be framed. She made us all look beautiful, but also, perhaps more importantly, made us all feel beautiful. Kara is a real gem and we just couldn’t recommend her more highly.

L
Lisa

Married on 07/21/2013

Kara is a gem! She was great to work with in the planning process (has an easy online form to fill out after you meet with her) and more importantly, her photos are gorgeous! We did our engagement ... Read more session with Kara, and as soon as we got the pictures back (we got a few sneak peeks within 48 hours!) we knew we had made the right choice for the wedding! Kara is easy going and happy to adapt to your needs and what you're looking for, but she is also not shy to tell you what things will or won't work out - which is just what I look for in a vendor. Kara has a beautiful eye for capturing special moments and you can tell she truly loves what she does, which adds to feeling and care she puts into her work. On our wedding day Kara shot at three locations (getting ready at the hotel, at a park, and at the venue) and even helped drive members of the wedding party around in her car - she goes above and beyond for her clients. At the wedding she was the perfect balance of assertive and 'go with the flow' in regards to making sure we got all our family portraits done and shots of other special moments through the cocktail hour, ceremony and reception. We've seen a handful of pictures so far on the blog posting she does for each of her weddings and everything we've seen so far is magnificent. We can't wait to see the rest! She also sent some early pictures to the mother of the groom who was planning a second party overseas (for family abroad) about 10 days after the wedding in Baltimore so that she could show pictures there - another example of working hard to meet a special need for fast turnaround. And what I find the most amazing is that she somehow was able to get all these great shots without being at all intrusive - I can barely remember actually seeing her outside of the family portraits, yet she was everywhere capturing our memories! I would recommend Kara to anyone in a heartbeat for any kind of special event or portrait session. She is a great find!