Karen Leaf Photography LLC

Putnam, CT · View map

About Karen Leaf Photography LLC

I have been a full-time professional photographer for 12 years, with a studio conveniently located in the heart of Putnam, CT. I travel around New England, frequently finding myself on the beach on the Cape and Islands.

Trained from a very early age to search out the unusual, to explore surroundings, to question why something is, I try to find a deeper sense of your day rather than whatever happens to present itself. And that's what makes every couple and every wedding day special and a gift to embrace.

My specialty is telling vivid stories through the medium of the camera lens. From the big moments of the ceremony and first dance to the small details that truly make the day uniquely yours, I will capture images that will allow you to look back and relive every second for years to come.

On-location shoots, combined with my private studio space ensure that no matter what your vision for your wedding (or other milestone, including engagement sessions, family portraits, maternity images, or whatever moment in time needs to be captured) I will strive to bring it to life in a way that you will cherish forever.

11 Reviews for Karen Leaf Photography LLC

11 Karen Leaf Photography LLC Reviews

User3787430

2+ years ago

My husband and I hired Karen Leaf to photograph our wedding last July, and it was one of the best wedding-related decisions we made. Karen was a joy to work with, not only on the wedding day itself, ... Read more but also in the months leading up to it. She was at once both personal and professional, and very flexible. We were thrilled with how our photos and album came out. Our reception was in a dark barn, but she was able to work with the less-than-ideal lighting and we wound up with some terrific photos. We highly recommend Karen Leaf for wedding photography; you won't regret it!

J
Joe

Married on 09/29/2012

We had the pleasure of choosing Karen Leaf Photography to photograph our wedding last year. We found her among a vendor list for Martha's Vineyard Wedding Photographers and contacted her and several ... Read more other photographers. While all the photographers had beautiful portfolios, we instantly clicked with Karen. She responded to our initial inquiry very quickly, and soon after my wife and I (fiancee at the time) had our first meeting with her (using Face Time on our computers, because we live in New York and she in Connecticut). By the end of the meeting we knew she was the one to photograph our special day. Karen was always available to bounce ideas off of, go over schedule changes and itinerary needs, as well as give advice to a couple of first-timers here. During the wedding day Karen covered everything we wanted, from the Bride getting ready to family photos after the ceremony, and wedding party photos before the reception, Karen was professional, efficient, and personal. She helped keep the day on schedule, while not sacrificing any of the shots we wanted. She made us quite comfortable so it never felt forced, or rigid, but rather like a family friend was recording the day with us. And most importantly, we love looking at the photos from our wedding! We would recommend Karen Leaf Photography to anyone. Her work is top quality, her manner is warm and welcoming, and her pricing and packages are competitive across the market.

K
Kayleigh

Married on 07/21/2012

We were so happy to have Karen Leaf do photos for our wedding. She immediately made both of us feel comfortable. The photos and the album turned out beautifully. She also had some really cool ideas ... Read more about shots to take at our venue and she found the perfect moment to get us both outside for some really romantic and beautiful sunset shots. We also did a photobooth and it was a major hit with our guests. I would highly recommend her. We plan to use her again for future family photos.