Karen Marie Events

Westlake Village, CA · View map

About Karen Marie Events

Karen Marie Events is a wedding planning company based in Westlake Village, California. This mother and daughter bring creativity and organization to each wedding, providing a stress-free and enjoyable experience from start to finish.

Experience
Karen volunteered for non-profit organizations for 10 years, creating, organizing, and coordinating large events for hundreds of guests. After coordinating weddings and private parties for family and friends with her daughter Stephanie, Karen launched Karen Marie Events.

Karen Marie Events offers many services to bring all the details together for your wedding day, from design and timelines to setup and take down. Karen and Stephanie offer the following services:

• Budget analysis
  • Timelines
  • To-do lists
  • Vendor referrals

Areas Covered
Karen Marie Events services the Ventura County area of Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks, Newbury Park, Agoura Hills, Moorpark, Simi Valley, Camarillo, Oxnard, and Ventura. They also provide services to Santa Barbara County and Los Angeles County, as well as destination weddings in Cabo San Lucas.

12 Reviews for Karen Marie Events

12 Karen Marie Events Reviews

Melena
Melena

Getting married on 11/16/2019

Loved it so far!

Alexis is so sweet and fun to work with. She's realistic and not afraid to tell you what she thinks, which is something I really appreciate. I'm looking forward to getting to work with her! Read more Alexis is so sweet and fun to work with. She's realistic and not afraid to tell you what she thinks, which is something I really appreciate. I'm looking forward to getting to work with her!

Taylor and George
Taylor and George

Married on 03/02/2019

Such a blessing!

I was an out-of-state bride getting married near L.A. , so I knew there was no way I could pull it off without a wedding planner/coordinator! I researched tons of options and talked with a few on the ... Read more phone, but once I spoke with Alexis with Karen Marie Events, I knew she was the perfect fit for us. Not only is Alexis extremely knowledgeable, but she is SO kind, patient, and thoughtful. As I'm sure most weddings do, ours had a few challenges along the way, such as the one opportunity that I had to go and visit the venue/vendors/etc, the fires were raging, so I ultimately showed up on my wedding day without meeting anyone or seeing anything other than my cake. This would normally sound like the scariest thought ever for any bride, but Alexis went above and beyond to meet/interview vendors I had selected online and helped me feel assured that everything was going to work out. Alexis was ALWAYS available by call/text/email and NEVER made me feel like I was bothering her; in fact, she was texting me now and again just checking on me and letting me know that she was always there for anything I needed. As my wedding day approached, my outside garden wedding was threatened with cold weather and flood warnings, but Alexis was quick to help me come up with a plan B and worked with all of my vendors to make sure everyone was aware of any changes. She even dealt with my pre-wedding meltdown tears and reassured me that even in a flood, she'd make sure I had a beautiful wedding day. During the entire wedding planning process, Alexis treated me like a close friend, not just a client. She made me feel like my wedding was her top priority- when I'm sure she had several others going on. I don't know how she does it, but she pulls it off so effortlessly. Every single vendor I worked with raved about how Alexis was such a dream to work with, that she was so detail-oriented, thorough, and always kept them informed. On my actual wedding day, it poured down rain the whole morning and last minute changes had to be made, but Alexis went through my mom, MOH, etc as to make sure I didn't feel any extra stress. My wedding day, despite all the odds, was the most wonderful, stress-free day that ran SO smoothly - all thanks to Alexis. She even made the effort to think of small details like bringing us trays of the appetizers while we took pictures so that we could try them, asking if there was anything special we wanted to drink and had that at our seats waiting for us, and made sure we got the cake flavors that we wanted. What could have been a total nightmare with the unusually cold, rainy weather ended up being my absolute dream wedding and I am forever grateful to Alexis for that. She was such a blessing and I know she has such a bright career ahead of her! If you're looking for someone who goes the extra mile every step of the way, she is 100% the planner/coordinator for you.

Haley
Haley Merrick

Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing experience! Couldn't have done it without Karen Marie Events!

Alexis from Karen Marie Events was incredible! I hired her for the month before my wedding and I wish I had done it sooner! I was so stressed out and after our first meeting, I felt all the stress ... Read more melt away! She was very prompt in returning my calls and emails and was in contact with all of my vendors the day we hired her. She was so sweet and honestly felt like a friend on my wedding day and was by my side at every point of the day to help everything run smoothly! I had a complicated family dynamic and she completely understood and was sooo helpful in diffusing problems before they even arose. I honestly couldn't have done it without her! Definitely use Karen Marie Events if you can!!