Kat Ma Photography

Oakland, CA · View map · Visit website

About Kat Ma Photography

Kat Ma Photography is a wedding photography business based in Oakland, California. We are a group of creative professionals, capturing unique traditions from Vietnamese to Nigerian American weddings! As visual artists, we pride ourselves on being able to offer an eclectic spin on wedding photography and being able to give our clients a gorgeous collection of wedding photos they will cherish for a lifetime.

Kat Ma Photography offers impeccable customer service to their clients. Services include:

• Additional hours
  • Second shooter
  • Trash-the-dress shoot
  • Wedding portraits

Other Services
The photographer also offers wedding photo items for clients to select from. These include:

• Albums

M
Featured
Marilyn

Married on 08/25/2018

Working with Kat Ma and her team has been amazing. I can't believe her pricing is so reasonable because the quality of her work definitely matches and exceeds the work of people charging 3-4x what she ... Read more charges. A friend had been in a wedding that Kat shot in the past, and she said - "this photographer - she gets stuff done!." I'm all about being efficient, so I thought - I like her already! From our first video chat interview (before we chose her), it was clear that she would be our photographer. She had shot at our venue before and pointed out lighting issues to us and knew how to deal with it, and she already had ideas on what to do for our first look photos. Engagement photos were great, and she got us the photos in less than 48 hours. When it came to wedding day, she showed up on time and was so on point. She got so many great shots in, was good at making people laugh, and she definitely got things done. She did a lot of mother-daughter shots, which meant the world to my mom, and she did a first look with my bridesmaids, which I had never thought of before, and it was so much fun. She helped move furniture and poured champagne just to make sure we could get stuff done. In the end, we get to do the previously suggested first look shots, and it looked so good. From the actual wedding, she captured everything, and most amazingly, she got us a sneak peek gallery in LESS THAN 12 HOURS after the wedding! People wait months for photos, and she already had some ready for us the next morning, which was amazing. I keep getting comments on how people love the photos already - she was artistic, creative, and great with lighting. I'm so glad we went with Kat Ma - she has so much energy and is so great at what she does, and she really did get all the shots we wanted in a short amount of time. We loved working with her !

Jeanette
Jeanette Phan

Getting married on 11/05/2019

A Dream To Work With

Kat was recommended to us, a long with a few others, but after chatting with each of them, Kat was the obvious choice. She's hilarious and super easy to work with. From the initial inquiry to after ... Read more after the wedding day, she was always quick to get back to us. On the day of, she brought her crew, and they were great. I loved that Tam loved my dog. Her intern was super sweet. She was hilarious and rolled with the punches, which made the awkwardness of being photographed less weird. We loved our engagement photos and what we've seen so far from our sneak peeks. We have no doubts the rest of the wedding photos will turn out amazing. She's great at what she does and she is quick! We got sneak peeks just a few days after our wedding day! Just look at the amazing work she's done on Instagram and give her a call if you're in need of a photographer. We rave about her to everyone we know!

Markaley
Markaley Georg

Married on 06/14/2019

The Best Decision

In summary-- You will love Kat Ma and the team! We have zero regrets about our wedding photography; we have so many photographs we will always love and cherish (and we’ve only gotten our “sneak ... Read more peek”)!! The process and planning-- Kat Ma and the team were truly wonderful to work with. Kat is very responsive to emails and has found a perfect balance between being professional while still being approachable and friendly. The planning process was smooth and simple, beginning to end. Kat did the most amazing job of offering suggestions and opinions but also taking the time to listen to our thoughts and ideas. As for the actual photography part-- My husband and I are not the most comfortable in front of a camera. We like to be silly and a little bit weird! Kat embraced our personalities and encouraged us to be ourselves. For some shots, Kat told us exactly what to do- where to put our hands, smiling?, serious?, turn this way or that. For other shots, we acted as we normally would. Regardless of that, all the photographs looked perfectly natural and comfortable. We knew Kat (and Tam at the wedding) were going to be incredible photographers, but we were still amazed by how beautiful the photographs are. Kat is also extremely efficient and organized! She gets those giant family photos done like nobody’s business!! Bonus—we got over a hundred photographs from them the very next morning after our wedding! Kat creates stunning photographs, and we would recommend Kat Ma photography to anyone looking for a wedding photographer.