King's Hawaiian Restaurant Bakery & Restaurant

Torrance, California · View map · Visit website

About King's Hawaiian Restaurant Bakery & Restaurant

King’s Hawaiian Bakery is a bakery located in Torrance, California that serves the Los Angeles region. King’s Hawaiian cakes first began in 1950 in Hilo, Hawaii and moved to California in 1977. Mr. Taira’s family’s baked goods are a perfect addition to your wedding, particularly the wedding cakes that are specially made for every couple.

This licensed bakery offers to consult with couples to design and create the perfect, delicious cake for their wedding day. Each cake is custom designed and will be delivered and set up for the wedding. King’s Hawaiian Bakery offers private tastings for couples to make sure they settle on a flavor that they will love. They also offer cake stands and cake toppers, as well as fresh fruit for couples who would like them on their cake. King’s Hawaiian Bakery offers the following desserts:

• Cakes

C
Featured
Catherine

Married on 01/28/2017

My favorite cake is the King's Hawaiian Paradise Cake and King's Hawaiian was able to turn this delicious cake into a magnificent wedding cake. Natalie was wonderful to work with. She helped us create ... Read more the wedding cake of our dreams within our budget. She allowed us to bring our own flowers to decorate the cake and it turned out so beautifully. Everyone loved the cake!!

Molly
Molly

Married on 05/25/2019

Gorgeous cake that tasted great!

We were so lucky to stumble upon this bakery. We got married at the Redondo Beach Historic Library and a wedding cake came with our wedding package from King's Hawaiian Bakery. To be honest I only ... Read more knew about the King Hawaiian rolls so I was a little skeptical but I was so pleasantly surprised by the whole experience. We had our tasting and each flavor we tried was seriously amazing - I figured when they made a larger cake there was no way it would be as good but I was 100% wrong. We ended up going with a white butter sponge cake with fresh strawberry filling and a chocolate chiffon cake with the wonder filling. We decided to upgrade what came standard with our venue and added a fourth tier to the cake and chose a design we liked. We bought some ribbon and brought it to the bakery and they were able to add that to the cake design. We also ended up renting one of their gold cake stands for only $40 and it really made the cake gorgeous and added so much elegance to it. When we had our first bite of cake at the wedding I was so surprised because it was just as good as the cake we tried at our tasting. The cake was seriously one of the highlights of the wedding. I cannot tell you how many people told me they went back for seconds, thirds, etc. because it was so good. We saved the top of our cake to eat on our one year anniversary but every night my husband asks if we can cut into it early :) On top of the cake being so delicious and exactly what I envisioned, it was a joy to work with Natalie and the team at King Hawaiian. They are so professional, kind and responsive. Highly recommend.

M
Da

Married on 09/08/2018

We got our wedding cake from King's Hawaiian and was absolutely thrilled with the cake! The cake tasting process was great and we booked our cake right away (we tasted cake from another bakery of this ... Read more town's namesake but liked the taste and consistency of King's Hawaiian SO MUCH BETTER). We showed a picture of a cake design that we saw online and they were able to replicate it for our cake. Initially we thought we would order a white cake, but when they shows us all the colors that the outside of the cake could be - we went with another color and loved it! For our cakes, we went with the chocolate dobash cake, paradise cake, and lilikoi. Be warned though - many of our guests liked the cake so much they treated themselves to second servings! On the day-of, our cake was beautiful, light and fluffy, and delicious - exactly as expected from tasting day. I should also mention that the cost of this cake was a lot LESS than other bakeries in the area! One of the best decisions we made for our wedding!