Kress Terrace

Greensboro, NC · View map · Visit website

About Kress Terrace

Kress Terrace is a modern rooftop wedding venue in the heart of Greensboro, North Carolina, about one hour from Raleigh. From the unmatched city views to the expansive banquet room with glass doors, your celebration will exude unique and modern sophistication. At Kress Terrace, expect the stunning rooftop and ballroom venue to set the tone for unforgettable memories.

Facilities and Capacity
Located on the fourth floor of the historical S.H. Kress Building, Kress Terrace boasts original distressed brick, dark plank hardwood and soaring ceilings, creating a vintage vibe with a modern twist. The 2,500-square-foot banquet room has chandeliers and double glass doors that open up to a beautiful 4,000-square-foot rooftop terrace. This area can be covered with tents, so it is available in all kinds of weather. Couples can comfortably host up to 300 guests for indoor and outdoor ceremonies and receptions.

Kress Terrace has a range of services to meet your needs. They welcome outside vendors but can also provide a list of preferred vendors for the couple. Their services include the following:

• All-inclusive packages
  • In-house catering
  • Wireless internet
  • Lighting and sound

Cuisine
The rooftop wedding venue offers customizable food and bar packages. They are also happy to work with outside caterers, bakers and bartenders. Their catering and bar services include:

• Buffet
  • Tastings
  • Champagne toast
  • Bartenders

Other Facilities
Guests can enjoy a secure and covered parking area, shuttle services and wheelchair access. The venue also provides a bridal suite and private bathrooms.

Other Services
This downtown Greensboro wedding venue can host your bridal shower, engagement party, ceremony and reception. They can also provide the following items, depending on your needs:

• Chocolate fountain
  • Linens
  • Flatware
  • Glassware
  • China
  • Barware

History
The S.H. Kress Building was built in 1930. It originally served as a superstore, owned and operated by Samuel Kress. With an open floor plan and wooden display counters, the store was known for its wide variety of affordable and unique merchandise. By 1973, the store closed, but its rich history and art-deco style lives on. The rooftop venue has been hosting weddings for more than 13 years.

Location
Kress Terrace is four minutes from Greensboro College and 16 minutes from Piedmont Triad International Airport. It is 28 minutes from Burlington, 23 minutes from High Point and 34 minutes from Winston-Salem.

26 Reviews for Kress Terrace

26 Kress Terrace Reviews

H
Featured
Heather

Married on 10/07/2017

I absolutely LOVE this place! My husband and I got married here last October. We had our ceremony at the indoor/outdoor Kress Terrace then our reception at Suite 300. Everything was beautiful! The ... Read more management team went above and beyond to make our day perfect. The food was delicious and the staff were great! I would recommend this venue to everyone!

Michelle
Michelle Mitchell

Getting married on 12/31/2019

So far So Good

Kress Terrace has been super responsive and has answered all my emails within 5 min maybe less. They setup a tour pretty quickly and we booked the same day for NYE 2019! I am so bad with names but ... Read more the young lady that gave us the tour(I think her name was Jennifer but maybe not lol) was really nice. Quick and to the point. But not too quick. I hate when people waste my time. I am def going to request that she is the person I work with from here on out and that she is the staff member that's there on the day of. My Fiance is not a people person and really doesn't have too much to say about things. It's whatever I want but he said let's use her. So that was good enough for me as he finds something wrong with just about everybody lol. But after the tasting I will leave another review. After my meeting for the setup,floor plans and linens, I will leave another review and after the actual wedding I will leave my final review.

C
Ciara

Married on 07/25/2019

Great Venue in Downtown Greensboro

Great venue! We used the rooftop venue of Kress Terrace for our outdoor ceremony as well as Suite 300 on the lower level for our reception. We loved the look of the venue and it gave an elegant city ... Read more feel which is what we wanted for our wedding. The staff was very helpful during the planning process as well as day of making sure that everything went how we wanted it to.