Kuba Okon Photography

Tamarindo, CR · View map · Visit website

About Kuba Okon Photography

I'm a wedding photographer based in Costa Rica. I specialize in destination weddings with a focus on Central America, but I'm happy to travel worldwide. My style stems from 15 years of experience as an award-winning painter, the knowledge I obtained while receiving my Master of Fine Arts degree, as well as multinational practice working as a professional photographer for the last 10 years. I use this experience to provide extremely knowledgeable service to every couple they work with.

Not only does Kuba Okon Photography create beautiful and artful images of your celebration, but they also ensure that no moment is overlooked. A second shooter can be used upon request, and are recommended for weddings with more than 150 guests. They can shoot weddings for anywhere from five to 12 hours. Before the big day, Kuba Okon Photography is happy to schedule consultations or Skype sessions with couples to discuss their needs and desires. While their style is natural, the photographer does edit images for color and exposure. Couples are given personal printing rights to all photos

6 Reviews for Kuba Okon Photography

6 Kuba Okon Photography Reviews

Kealy
Kealy J West

Married on 03/18/2019

Above and Beyond!

I actually found Kuba on instagram and couldn’t be happier with his work! He captured so much more than just the usual wedding shots and on top of that, he is an excellent communicator and arrived at ... Read more our Nicaraguan destination a day before, which I was very pleased and impressed with. He was professional, kind and most importantly has really a great eye for photography! He and his assistant took thousands of pictures and knew exactly what was going to look great! I am absolutely in love with the edited and finished photos, Kuba has a soft and elegant style. I will cherished these photo forever!

Dana
Dana Mcmakin

Married on 12/09/2017

A True Artist and Professional

We held a wedding with 35 guests on a cliff overlooking the Pacific in Nicaragua. At the start of the wedding, the area was drenched in sunlight. The festivities then pushed on through the golden ... Read more hour, to twilight, and beyond. I can only imagine how difficult it was to manage the changing light while honoring the vast and intricate landscape--all while maintaining focus on the couple (us!) and invited guests. Kuba and his partner handled all of this with grace and professionalism. The photography that they delivered was outstanding, and they managed to capture the surreal beauty of the landscape as well as our most cherished sentimental moments. We could not be more pleased with the outcome. Beyond the sheer talent and artistry of the work, Kuba was the utmost professional. He and his partner blended in seamlessly with our intimate festivities. They were pleasant yet upbeat, present yet non-intrusive, and professional yet lighthearted. They delivered above and beyond on their promises, with timely delivery of stunning photographs, appropriate contracts, and smooth payments/receipts. If you are getting married amidst a stunning backdrop and you want a professional & friendly photographer who can simultaneously capture the beauty/enormity of the landscape and the intimacy of your union, this is your team.

M
ML Ch

Married on 06/01/2017

Extremely talented. Highly recommended.

Not only is Kuba a very talented photographer, but he is an extremely pleasant individual. The photographs he took of our wedding capture the true essence, beauty, and happiness of that day. We ... Read more effortlessly booked, paid, and coordinated his services from the USA. He is meticulous about logistics. He shows up early to the event in order for you to feel comfortable with him and the camera. He makes sure to know from you who and what is most important to photograph. For our wedding at the beach, he captured every single detail starting from makeup and coiffeur sessions of the bride, to table and food arrangements, to ruckus dancing. His photographs speak for themselves, they are stunning. --- He is essential a war zone photographer at a wedding; never seen just acrobatics! Regarding that ruckus dancing - his contract was already done when the REAL dancing started late into the night, and I actually witnessed him quickly put his fork down, dash for his camera and start shooting. He captured some of the most candid, yet magnificent photographs of the entire wedding. This is the kind of dedication and love of photography that we were hoping for and got. Unfortunately, he doesn't live near us, otherwise, we would not hesitate to hire him again for other events.