Lake Toxaway Country Club

Lake Toxaway, North Carolina · View map · Visit website

About Lake Toxaway Country Club

Lake Toxaway Country Club is a country club and mountain wedding venue located in Lake Toxaway, North Carolina. Located on the shores of North Carolina’s largest private lake, this social hub of a picturesque mountain community is known for its historic charm and refined Southern elegance. From quintessential, low-key Carolina affairs to refined and elegant celebrations, the Lake Toxaway Country Club specializes in creating a unique wedding experience for wedding couples.

Facilities and Capacity
The club offers several indoor and outdoor ceremony locations with lake or mountain views to accommodate intimate celebrations or grand affairs of up to 300 guests. The recently renovated clubhouse features a Lakeside Lodge theme and an exterior design highlighted by cedar shakes, stone accents and trim details. The interior includes the Vanderbilt Ballroom, with a large gable window and mountainside views. Other event spaces include a new indoor/outdoor bar space, private rooms that can be used for bridal suites, and covered patio seating with spectacular lake and golf course views.

Lake Toxaway Country Club offers venue rental for weddings and other social events. This full-service venue provides packages that include everything from ministers to transportation and golf packages. Their private event coordinator will assist you in obtaining services for the perfect North Carolina mountain wedding.

Cuisine
This venue offers full-service catering for small to large events and includes a full liquor license. Their chefs can treat your guests to hors d’oeuvres with champagne cocktails, a gourmet buffet or formal dinner featuring cold water lobster tails, or an informal event with biscuits made from scratch and Carolina pork barbeque.

Other Services
Lake Toxaway Country Club is an ideal location for hosting private parties of varying sizes. In addition to wedding ceremonies and receptions, this location can accommodate all of your wedding events, such as engagement parties, bridal showers and rehearsal dinners. This venue is also available for hosting corporate meetings, holiday parties, birthdays, anniversaries and other special occasions.

History
The Lake Toxaway community has a rich history that dates back to the early 1900s, when prominent turn-of-the-century families retreated to the area for its scenic views. Over 100 years later, the Lake Toxaway Country Club takes pride in preserving the time-honored traditions of the community by providing an escape from the pressures of daily life.

Location
Lake Toxaway is a private, gated mountain community located just minutes from Cashiers, Highlands and Brevard, North Carolina. This club is conveniently located just a short drive from major metro areas such as Atlanta, Charlotte, Asheville and Columbia, South Carolina.

4 Reviews for Lake Toxaway Country Club

4 Lake Toxaway Country Club Reviews

L
Featured
Larke

Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing weekend in the mountains

Lake Toxaway was an amazing venue for my daughter's wedding. Not only is the setting gorgeous, the staff was fantastic. We were taken care of from start to finish. We are so grateful to everyone at ... Read more the LT Country Club for all the help, insights and vision that went into creating a wonderful weekend for all of us. It was a magical experience!

Alice
Alice Lee

Married on 07/28/2018

Beautiful setting - dream come true!

The Lake Toxaway Country Club is a beautiful setting for a wedding with views overlooking the golf course, the lake, and the mountains. Megan Loyd was a joy to work with -- extremely organized and ... Read more reliable. The Club provided first-class service before, during, and after the reception. At the last minute, we made a change and they were incredibly flexible. My only piece of feedback for them is that it felt like they nickled and dimed us a bit. For example, to pass out wine was $4 per person during dinner even though the open bar was included and a rather expensive ice cream sundae bar per person. Overall, the value for the sit-down dinner and drinks was good. I would highly recommend getting married here. From the time I was 16, I wanted to get married here...and 15 years later, that dream occurred!

L
Laura

Married on 09/14/2013

This is absolutely one of the best places in North Carolina to choose for your wedding destination. We had our rehearsal dinner, wedding day morning champagne cruise, wedding ceremony and reception ... Read more here (and at the Greystone Inn). It is so beautiful during the spring, summer and beginning of fall/fall. The best part for the guests was that the reception area (which I was able to choose to be indoor AND outdoor) was a short walk away from the ceremony area. The historical inn is absolutely gorgeous, the inside and outside provide countless areas for photo opportunities. The grounds are beautiful, very well taken care of, and really are picture perfect. There was a change in management during my wedding planning, and they were still able to accommodate my requests. They were as flexible as they could be for the dates I chose, as there was an annual retreat happening there that weekend. I thought it would be crowded or we would be in the way of other guests, but it almost felt like we had the place to ourselves, and everyone was SO nice and courteous during our celebrations. The only thing I would suggest (for out-of-town guests mostly) is that they allow an extra 30 minutes for travel time to reach it, as some of my guests were late. But they were all from Florida driving in the mountains, and I was also running late to my own ceremony, so it worked out. The photos just remind me of how beautiful the whole place is- the country club and the inn. I highly recommend this as your wedding destination!