Lakewood Estate

Croton on Hudson, NY · View map · Visit website

About Lakewood Estate

Lakewood Estate is a historic Hudson Valley farmhouse estate and wedding event venue located in Croton-on-Hudson, New York. Preserved, yet restored with modern amenities and neat features, this private estate features a natural, yet stunning event setting that can accommodate intimate to grand wedding celebrations. Surrounded by beautiful flora and fauna, Lakewood Estate can provide a gorgeous backdrop for your wedding day. You’ll also be able to take lots of memorable wedding photos at this location, filled with natural splendor and light. This venue also has a team of professionals who will ensure that no wedding event is the same; they will work to customize your experience so that they meet your personal expectations.

Facilities and Capacity

Lakewood Estate is ideally situated on 23 acres of event space that holds a historic farmhouse, natural ponds and gardens, tennis courts, and an outdoor terrace that can be utilized for all types of wedding events. All of these features are surrounded by 200 acres of untouched natural preserve. This gorgeous space can accommodate up to 200 of your closest wedding guests. The farmhouse also includes a state-of-the-art kitchen space, allows you to bring in pets, is family and child friendly, has wireless internet, has a wood-burning fireplace, and is climate controlled to allow for events to happen throughout the year.

Lakewood Estate offers wedding event services and packages that can keep you within your event budget. They are designed to accommodate a variety of styles and tastes. All wedding event packages include full access to the farmhouse, including the surrounding flora and fauna, local vendors that will offer amazing services for your event, event planning services, guest accommodations, in-house catering services, wireless internet, setup, and cleanup. Other services offered include:

• Access to a bridal suite
  • Private parking
  • Wheelchair access

Cuisine

Lakewood Estate offers delicious cuisine options to wedding couples and their guests. Services offered in their catering packages include buffet style food options, a cocktail reception, delicious dessert, family style options, hors d’oeuvres, outside wedding cake, plated food options, and food station options.

6 Reviews for Lakewood Estate

6 Lakewood Estate Reviews

S
Featured
Sarah

Married on 09/16/2017

Greta, the owner of the house, was the kindest, most sincere, and loving woman possible. Not only did we fall in love with the property instantly, but knowing Greta was by our side through the entire ... Read more planning process, made us not stress about anything. After meeting just once, she saw exactly what we wanted - our vision - and delivered more than I could have ever asked for. She recommended all vendors she thought would be the right fit for what we wanted, from rentals, to catering, to Karen, our AMAZING event planner (they are the dream team) to suggesting a signature local cocktail. I couldn't have asked for a better team of people to help me plan my wedding. I believed in them so much so that i let them practically take the reigns on all design aspects. Greta and Karen handled all the communications with the rentals, flower vendors, our amazing local cake vendor, Baked By Susan (highly recommend her!) and she completely respected our budget and cut costs where we needed to. They even went so far as to scavenge for flowers and greens for all our centerpieces so we didn't need to buy at the florist. EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET MARRIED AT LAKEWOOD HOUSE. You will have the most magical day of your life, I guarantee it!! And not to mention the actual property is STUNNING!!! She gave us the entire 23 bedroom house for the whole weekend, we had the rehearsal dinner the night before where Greta spent hours making homemade pizzas with organic ingredients in her high-tech industrial kitchen (she even has a pizza oven specifically). The house is rustic, big and beautiful and the foliage made our photos come out utterly spectacular. I recommend renting the property for a september or october wedding when all the leaves turn red - YOU WILL BE IN AWE!! I wish I could keep writing about how amazing my wedding turned out because of Greta's and Karen's incredible work. Suffice it to say - I wouldn't have changed a single thing! GO GET MARRIED HERE, YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!!

C
Chantelle

Married on 09/15/2018

This venue is magical. Greta went above and beyond to help us every step of the way, both when planning and on the day of the wedding. My husband and I were extremely time strapped at this point in ... Read more our lives and Greta helped make planning much easier and less stressful. Our guests raved about how special the venue was and how much they enjoyed the day. Thank you Greta for being such an amazingly kind and patient host. Chantelle & Dave

D
Dan

Married on 10/14/2017

We found Lakewood House online when we were looking for a location for our wedding. We liked the pictures but it wasn't until we contacted Greta and drove up to see the place that we fell in love with ... Read more the house, the property, and especially Greta. She gave us a tour of the expansive property and showed us where we might consider doing certain parts of the day. She was very responsive during the planning phase as well. The house is very comfortable and spacious and our guests were so happy to stay in such a historic place. After the wedding, we were looking for her to thank her for such a wonderful time, but it was Greta who thanked US for choosing her for our wedding. As it turns out, we were her first gay wedding. I can guarantee we won't be her last.