LaKota Oaks

Norwalk, New York · View map · Visit website

About LaKota Oaks

LaKota Oaks is an elegant event venue and reception location based out of Norwalk, Connecticut. Nestled on 66 acres of meadows, woods, and ponds, this venue and its location will serve as the perfect backdrop for rustic weddings. Exchange vows in the shade of the “wedding tree” after the sun sets, or you can choose a romantic spot in the open meadow. No matter the season, weather, or size of your wedding, there are plenty of indoor and outdoor options available to accommodate you. All event spaces can be customized to reflect your personal style preferences and tastes. With so many wonderful features available to you at LaKota Oaks, you can create the wedding of your dreams.

Facilities and Capacity
LaKota Oaks has a newly renovated, spacious ballroom for your wedding reception, where you can have dinner, dancing, and lots of fun with family and friends in a warm, welcoming setting. The neutral tones of the space allow you to personalize your décor and lighting to reflect your personal vision. The ballroom can host up to 250 guests in modern luxury for your wedding reception. There are also other settings available for other parts of your event; guests can stay overnight in one of the 120 guest rooms available while they enjoy all of the fantastic amenities like the fitness center, indoor pool, basketball court, and fully equipped gym. There are also lots of fun activities available, including tennis courts, bocce, horseshoes, corn hole, walking trails, and space to relax around the fire pit with a beverage from the bar.

LaKota Oaks offers wedding event packages to help you stay within your event budget. Utilizing these packages is also a great way to meet your personal style and theme needs for your event. Services offered in their exclusive packages include an on-site wedding coordinator, ceremony rehearsal services, a complimentary bridal suite, a local shuttle van, and incredibly easy access to nearby area attractions, such as the Oak Hills Golf Course, The Maritime Aquarium, Sheffield Island Lighthouse, and Calf Pasture Beach. Other services offered include:

• Tables, chairs, and linens

Featured
Melissa

Married on 09/15/2018

4.7

LaKota Oaks was the perfect venue for our September wedding of 90 guests. Right from our first meeting with on-site coordinator Hazel, I immediately understood why she was mentioned by name in most of ... Read more the reviews we had read. Ours is no different! Hazel left no question unanswered and no detail neglected. She patiently and thoroughly addressed all of my concerns, and even anticipated some before I did. The rest of the staff at Lakota is also wonderful – my guests said the service they received was phenomenal and the Fillet Mignon was the best meal they have ever had at a wedding, each steak was cooked to perfection. Having everything on site makes it such a pleasant experience for the guests and really felt like a getaway for everyone. The reception and ceremony were set up exactly as I requested with every detail placed just as I had planned. I would highly recommend this venue for anyone planning a smaller event like ours in the Norwalk room, as well as for bigger weddings in the Ballroom. We cannot thank Hazel and the Lakota Oaks team enough for making our dream wedding a reality!

J
Jessica

Married on 05/19/2018

I would rate Lakota Oaks with 10 of 10 stars! It’s exceptional! Every bride should have this experience - absolutely stress free. Many thanks to Hazel Scudder and crew who went above and beyond all ... Read more that we could ever ask for. From our first telephone conversation, Hazel became my person. My friend, my mother, my wedding planner, my crises solver, my keep it straight person. She is kind, organized, focused, firm but flexible, professional and fun. I know she must have been working with many other couples but she always made me feel special. Like I was the only one. She was always within reach and followed up on everything. From the welcome sign with our names at the entrance when we first visited, to the parking signs and directions on our wedding day. Complete with a plan B in the event of rain, no detail was overlooked. In less than three weeks (yes 3 weeks) Hazel helped me planned and execute the wedding of my dreams. Armed with her list of preferred vendors, we discussed the food, cake, decor, music, photos, dress, hair, makeup -She even connected me with a JP who did such an outstanding job everyone thought she was my pastor. On our wedding day Hazel was the ever-ready, energizer lady in charge. She attained to every guest, ensuring that each person was having a good time. My husband and I were snatched away immediately after the ceremony - given a chance to catch our breath and have a snack before rejoining our guest. We never anticipated that feeling of relief. Truly amazing. Our family and friends are still raving about the ambience - it was magical, it was fabulous, it was fun and elegant -they keep saying. The food was scrumptious. They can't get over the bountiful cocktail hour followed by a four course dinner. Everyone was pleasantly stuffed. The entire service was Top Notched.

M
Maggie

Married on 10/21/2017

Dolce Norwalk is the perfect package! The catering sales manager, Hazel, is exactly who you want coordinating any huge event. She is kind, fun, organized, clear, and both opinionated and totally ... Read more flexible. She has a way of making you feel like the only bride that ever existed- special, heard, and worth her time. She was open to my offbeat ideas, but also provided gentle guidance when I needed it. She jumped on board with our ideas, and often came up with her own contributions and thoughts. It was a very collaborative experience. She was always quick to respond, thorough as anyone I've ever worked with, and very clear. I always felt that she had our best interest at heart, and never felt like I was in a business deal, or part of the mammoth Wedding machine. She provides top notch, big ticket service with a welcoming, warm, and 'family business' attitude. For such a busy and highly sought after venue, I expected efficient but "business as usual" attitudes from the staff. But when the time came to actually load into the hotel and set up for the wedding, I and my family were completely floored by the service of everyone at Dolce. From the front desk to the wait staff to the groundskeepers, everyone was so incredibly nice, sincere and helpful. I have never experienced such a workplace of happy, , kind, wonderful people. They set the tone for the entire weekend by making everyone feel welcome, cared for, and like part of part of the Dolce family. I ultimately chose Dolce for the "Wedding Tree" outdoor ceremony space. It is a peaceful, stunning location for any ceremony. Of all the many things I micromanaged on the wedding weekend, the ceremony set up and decor was not one. The staff had everyone set up perfectly and ready to go long before my guests arrived, and it was a magical site when set up. Additionally, the food is outstanding, the cocktail area and outdoor patio are spectacular, and the privacy of a hotel that is closed to the public makes it a fairy tale!