Leslie-Alford-Mims House

Holly Springs, NC · View map · Visit website

About Leslie-Alford-Mims House

Based in Holly Spring, Leslie-Alford-Mims House is a historic mansion wedding venue just 25 minutes from Raleigh, North Carolina. With a refreshingly chic approach to Southern charm, the elegant property has stunning backdrops and rich history. Say your vows under a canopy of Magnolia trees or dance the night away under a twinkling chandelier. This relaxed and private venue will make your day a truly unforgettable one.

Facilities and Capacity
This vintage wedding venue is a white mansion on more than an acre of land. Couples can host up to 250 guests for both indoor and outdoor wedding ceremonies and receptions. The oversized porte cochere, which was once used for horses and carriages, can double as your dance floor. Guests can explore multiple historic rooms, while the Event Lawn serves as an outdoor reception area.

The venue is ready to help you plan a romantic and timeless celebration. They can provide a list of devoted, trusted and passionate vendors. Couples can also use the following services:

• Event planning
  • Setup
  • Cleanup
  • Chair and tables

Other Facilities
Leslie-Alford-Mims House has comfortable bridal suites on the property. These spacious areas will provide enough room to relax and get ready for the celebration. On your big day, guests can take advantage of on-site parking and wheelchair access.

Other Services
To experience the charm of the historic mansion, host your wedding-related events at the venue. These celebrations include:

• Engagement party
  • Bridal shower
  • Ceremony
  • Reception

History
The magical mansion was built in 1840. In 2014, business partners Brooke Everhart and Priscilla Erwin worked together to restore and revitalize the house. The creative duo has been hosting beautiful events ever since.

Location
Located just outside of Raleigh, the venue is 27 minutes from Raleigh-Durham International Airport. It is less than 30 minutes from downtown Raleigh attractions such as North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences, North Carolina Museum of Art and Raleigh Convention Center. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is 32 minutes away, while Duke University is 30 minutes away. Nearby area trails and scenic views include Harris Lake County Park, Shearon Harris Reservoir and Bass Lake Park.

25 Reviews for Leslie-Alford-Mims House

25 Leslie-Alford-Mims House Reviews

R
Featured
Randi

Married on 10/03/2015

Finding the perfect wedding venue was one of the first and most important decisions we made during the wedding planning process. It was easy to fall in love with the charm, beauty, and homeyness of ... Read more the Mims House. But just as important for me, was to find a venue that would treat our family and friends like honored guests. I hoped that Priscilla and Brooke were going to take care of our guests, the same way that they poured their hearts into the restoration of the Mims House. Now that our wedding day is behind us, I can say that I am so deeply grateful that we booked this venue. They did just that. And to top it off, they made me feel like a very special bride. We had a great experience from the first time we toured the home. The owners talked openly and respected our budget. I loved watching the home evolve during our engagement. We were one of the early couples to book at the very end of 2014 when renovations had nearly begun. It was so cool to watch Brooke and Priscilla's vision for the Mims House come together. I adored visiting and exploring as much as I could... and was always welcomed! They even invited us to their grand opening party, and that's when we knew that our wedding wasn't only going to be beautiful, it was going to be FUN. Brook and Priscilla know how to host a darn good party! Since our wedding, our family and friends gush about how much they LOVED our wedding venue. The bridal suite and grooms suite were extremely accommodating and comfortable. I had a bridal party of 6 and we had plenty of space to relax, spread out, and get pampered. I imagine this venue would be perfect for larger bridal parties too. Did I mention the decor? To die for. It seemed like this venue has thought of all the small details we would need for our wedding. From extra hairspray, to stocked mini refrigerators, clean bathrooms, and extra umbrellas-- everything was covered. I could go on and on. If you are looking for an exceptional wedding venue, pick Mims!

G
Grace Evans

Getting married on 03/04/2021

Amazing!

This venue is amazing. Brooke and Priscilla go above and beyond to make sure that everything is to your liking. Read more This venue is amazing. Brooke and Priscilla go above and beyond to make sure that everything is to your liking.

K
Kristen

Married on 09/08/2018

Priscilla and Brooke are amazing! This venue photographs so well. I fool my bridal portraits there and I was so happy with all of the different scenes created in fine house. For the wedding, it was ... Read more everything we wanted. Our guest raved on how beautiful the venue is. The bridal and grooms suite is perfect for getting ready and makes for some beautiful pictures. The venue staff went above and beyond! I highly recommend this location.