Lieb Photographic LLC

Culpeper, VA · View map

About Lieb Photographic LLC

www.instagram.com/liebphotographic

Introduction:

Hello and welcome! My name is Michelle and I am passionate about providing timeless images for those who cherish love, treasure memories, adventure together and share a sentimental heart. I love to celebrate and capture one of the best days of your life with honor, respect and joy.

I completely understand firsthand that planning a wedding is one of the most exciting and sometimes confusing things you will ever undertake. In understanding that, I have made it my goal to make the photographic part of your process fun, simple and enjoyable. My heart is to give you an incredible photographic experience from beginning to end.

I want your experience to be all it can be. I want you to feel as strong a love for each other as my husband and I do and to feel natural, happy and comfortable in front of the lens. You should look back with love and fondness on every moment captured. A decade down the road from now, I want you to see just how classic and timeless you look even though the styles may have changed. I hope that you will smile together at your hair before it started greying and laugh at the sweet wrinkle lines you see in each other’s faces fifty years from now. So that’s why I do things like I do…encouraging you in your love and keeping YOU in mind, giving you a wonderful photographic experience.

As much as I love photographing the rings, the florals, and the other lovely details of your day, my focus still lies largely on the tender moments, the shared laughter, the stunning portraits together and the unexpected expressions and the gathering of friends and family. I want to capture the moments in your wedding day that you will treasure forever. I whole-heartedly believe that your wedding is not just about that one day, but the entire experience from the planning stage to the growing old together. I want to provide you with images that you can look back upon and smile, laugh, and remember…to remind you of your beginning and your foundation. Your photography is a large part of your wedding experience and it should be fun, real and memorable.

Features:

Lieb Photographic has been featured in the following publiations and more: High Country Wedding Guide, Pretty Pear Bride Magazine, HuffPost Weddings, Brides.com, Southern Bride, The Knot, David's Bridal, Wedding Chicks, Every Last Detail, The Perfect Palette, Fab You Bliss, Loverly, mywedding, Hey Wedding Lady, Artfully Wed, BLOVED, Proflowers.com, August Willows, The Black Tie Bride, The Luxe Pearl, Charlottesville Wine and Country Weddings, BridalPulse, Inspired by This, Rustic Wedding Chic, Smitten Mag, Reverie Gallery, Glamour and Grace, Classic Bride, The Wedding Concierge, Rustic Weddings, Hill City Bride, Eco-Beautiful Weddings, Tidewater and Tulle, How He Asked, District Weddings, Wedding Lovely, United with Love, Knotsvilla, Red Oak Weddings, Luxe Mountain Weddings, Ultimate Wedding, The Tie Bar, Issuu, Love Came Down, Borrowed and Blue, Bride and Breakfast, Brides & Weddings of Northern Virginia, Secret Wedding, Dogwood Brides, Love and Lavender, Modern Weddings, VoyagePhoenix, Melissa Hearts Weddings, Inspired By Style Bride, The Big Day, Belle the Magazine, Weddbook, Trubridal, Honeybook Blog, Main Street Weddings, Southern Maryland Weddings, Richmond Wedding Collective Blog and The Blaze.

Her work has also been featured in galleries across the country including the Center for Fine Art Photography, Soho Gallery, Vermont Photo Place and more.

Michelle also received the 2017/18 Wedding Wire Couples' Choice Award, 2017/18 Editor's Choice Award with Two Bright Lights and 2016, 2017 and 2018 Shoot and Share Finalist

What you Receive:

Every Lieb Photographic couple receives a wonderful welcome package which includes some special surprises as well as an 84 page guide created from a wedding photographer's perspective to help with the big day and all things photographic including sample timelines, preferred wedding professionals and more. All engagement sessions are complimentary and the basic package starts with nine hours...one extra from the standard eight to make sure your day is smooth!

Photographic Biography in Michelle's words:

So here's my photo backgorund! I fell in love with photography and art from a very early age. I first remember my father's photography (hand developed) and loved to see images of my mother at the local fruit market in New York, Alaskan wildlife from my dad's travels and early images of a crazy little toddler (yup, that was me) and still later, my baby brother. My love of the camera never ceased and I went on to receive my bachelor's degree from James Madison University with a major in art and later, a masters degree from Virginia Commonwealth University, specializing in photography and the book arts. I later taught photography as well as advanced placement studio art and advanced placement art history at Liberty High School in Bealeton, Virginia from 2002-2013. After the birth of my favorite photographic subject...my adorable little son, I retired from teaching to focus on being mommy and on the business of photography.

I have continued throughout the years to learn more about digital, traditional, historic, and experimental photographic processes by attending workshops and classes through the Center for Alternative Processes in New York City, the Visual Studies Workshops in Rochester, and the Virginia Museum of Fine Art in Richmond. I received several grants to assist in my continued education in the photographic processes.

I still love the historical processes such as tintypes and ambrotypes as well as the experimental processes like lumen printing and pinhole photography.

And I LOVE to shoot film on request! Please inquire about the film package addition.

Down to business:

Lieb Photographic is a legally operating LLC, under the correct statutes and laws for Culpeper County, the Commonwealth of Virginia, and the Federal Government, adhering to tax and company structure laws. Lieb Photographic is an insured business and offers protection for both the company and the client by using legal contracts for each job so you have the security of trusting your personal or business photographic needs to a company that operates legally and ethically.

All images are arranged, photographed, and edited by Michelle Lieb (with some images edited by her personal editor) with the exception of some wedding photographs in which second shooters were responsible for the photographing. Second shooters are included in most wedding packages to ensure that multiple events can be photographed at the same time and at different angles. Lieb Photographic LLC has worked with and works with talented photographic professionals as second shooters.

39 Reviews for Lieb Photographic LLC

39 Lieb Photographic LLC Reviews

B
Brittaby

Getting married on 09/06/2019

Amazing! Definitely book her for your wedding

We have booked Michelle for our wedding next year- and she is amazing! She has been extremely responsive to all of my questions and very helpful throughout this whole process. We just did our ... Read more engagement shoot with her and she made the photo shoot very fun! We always tell ourselves that we are not photogenic but she told us how to pose and what to do. The photos turned out amazing!! I am so happy with them and I am so glad I booked her for my wedding! She was one of the first vendors I booked: definitely book her for your wedding!!!

S
Sarah

Married on 05/18/2019

You have to hire Michelle

Words really can’t describe how wonderful Michelle is. She is such a kind, gentle soul and so much fun to work with! She is an incredibly skilled photographer who was able to take a ton of formal ... Read more shots and also discreetly capture sweet moments throughout the day. The album we received from her is GORGEOUS and filled with happiness and love. We absolutely love her and are looking forward to working with her for future events and milestones!

Niyati
Niyati

Married on 10/01/2018

Classic and Timeless

Michelle is really so much more than a “just” a photographer (and teacher of photography) and I am so thrilled to explain why. I have truly enjoyed getting to know her over this past year. Honestly, I ... Read more I procrastinated writing out my review, not because I didn’t want to write a glowing review, but because I wasn’t sure how to adequately describe just how I feel about Michelle. Personally, I think the world of her and it’s no secret that she genuinely cares about her couples and works diligently to provide the best experience possible. From our initial interactions, receiving her well put together wedding guide and welcome package with some sweet surprises, and from the first time we met in person, I knew we made the absolute best decision in asking Michelle to capture our story. Brides (grooms too!), look no further for someone to capture your big day and even help in the planning of your wedding. She has an extensive questionnaire, a great preferred vendor list, and helps you to craft a detailed timeline, all of which ensures you can rest easy when your big day finally arrives. Also, trust her on her vendor list! She knows all of the best and reliable vendors to make your day complete. I was fortunate to first meet Michelle out in Arizona for a bridal couples shoot. What I didn’t know is that my then fiancé planned a surprise proposal and Michelle was in on it! We had so much fun shooting in the Arizona desert and experienced the most beautiful sunset, which, of course, was the perfect time for him to propose. Michelle was able to capture that moment for us and I will never forget that beautiful day. The pictures turned out like stills from a classic (and glamorous) western movie… such a gorgeous landscape! For our engagement pictures, we had a location in mind where we wanted to shoot; however, due to concerns about rain and flooding that day, we ended up shooting at an alternate location, Rixey Manor. Michelle was so helpful and was able to coordinate us using this alternate location the day before, and guess what, everything turned out amazing! Michelle is a master at shooting in natural light and you would never guess what a dreary day it was as the pictures turned out magical as if time stood still with each frame. For our wedding at Walden Hall, Michelle worked so hard to capture our celebration. Everything felt so natural as we were so comfortable in front of the camera and we owe that all to Michelle. We selected a hybrid film and digital package and cannot wait to see how these pictures turned out! What I absolutely love most about Michelle’s photography style is that all of her photos are elegant, classic, and timeless. I have no doubt that I will look back at all of our pictures for years to come and appreciate the graceful poses, candid moments, laughter, tears, and shots of our friends and family. As I mentioned before, Michelle is not just an amazing photographer… she will laugh, cry, and interact with you the entire time, all while still being mindful of your private moments. If you choose Michelle to capture your story and big day, I promise that you will love her as much as we do!