Life of the Party Mobile DJ Service

Turlock, CA · View map

About Life of the Party Mobile DJ Service

For over 15 years, I have been working in the wedding industry. It has been my pleasure to work with Brides and Grooms on both coasts, first in San Diego and the Central Valley of California and now in my home town of Pensacola. If there is one thing I am sure of when it comes to weddings, it is that what the Bride and Groom need is someone who is professional and personable who can take their vision for their ceremony and reception and make it a reality. That is what I try to do. By custom writing every wedding ceremony I perform for each specific couple, and by creating a customized playlist of the music they love, I ensure that every aspect of their big day is exactly what they dreamed of and hoped to achieve.

As an officiant, I will work with you to create a unique ceremony that goes beyond the standard "I do" "I do." I am an English teacher, a poet, and a spoken word artist with decades of experience crafting words and speaking in front of crowds. When I create a ceremony for you, you can be sure it will be personal, poetic, and spoken with clarity and sincerity. I will meet with you, talk about what you want in a ceremony, ask questions that help me to discover who you are as a couple and to find the elements of your relationship that make it unique. With all those things in kind, I write you a draft of your ceremony which I will email to you for your approval. A current client, upon seeing their draft, had this to say: "I almost cried just reading it and imagining everything happening! Everything looks really great! I appreciate you writing all of this and thank you so much!"

As a DJ, when we meet, I will walk you through a timeline for receptions that has worked for my clients for years. As we talk, I will change/add/delete elements of that timeline to fit the ideas you have for your reception. I will make suggestions, giving you the opportunity to choose the music for those special moments (eg: grand entrance, first dance, bouquet, and garter toss) so that you and your guests will be able to feel your personal touch in every event. In addition, I will be your on-the-spot coordinator, working with the caterers, servers, photographer, videographer, and all other vendors to make sure that everyone knows what is happening and when, and ensuring that everyone and everything are where they need to be so that your event runs smoothly. I will also ask questions to find out about your taste in music and that of your guests and put together a playlist for your cocktail, dinner, and dance time that will keep you and your guests happy and having fun all night.

2 Reviews for Life of the Party Mobile DJ Service

2 Life of the Party Mobile DJ Service Reviews

B
Brooke

Married on 05/02/2015

Jay did an absolutely amazing job at my wedding! From the meeting before to the swift responses to my emails and phone calls, Jay put me at ease all along the way. He assured me he would help ... Read more coordinate my day with my photographer, pastors, and wedding coordinator and he did exactly that! Jay went with the flow when my wedding started 45 mins late and entertained my guests when we had to sneak away for photos. When we couldn't figure out the steps to a line dance, he joined in the party and taught us!! He was so receptive of everything I wanted and orchestrated the music, entertainment, and MCing perfectly! Jay not only had every song I wanted, but even gave me the songs and a way to relive my wedding whenever I want! I was so worried about getting the perfect DJ who could keep the party going while still respecting what I had imagined, but I obviously had nothing to worry about. I highly recommend Jay to anyone! More than satisfied!

M
Morgan

Married on 07/27/2013

Jay was incredible. We could not have found a better DJ/MC. Ever. In the whole world. He played music that kept our guests dancing until the very last song, and he kept the wedding flowing smoothly ... Read more smoothly from event to event. He was so incredibly organized that he took any work or stress out of this aspect of our wedding. His wealth of experience left us completely at ease. We could not say enough good things about Jay.

Life of the Party Mobile DJ Service FAQ