Little River Flower Farm

Buxton, ME · View map · Visit website

About Little River Flower Farm

Little River Flower Farm is a wedding florist and farm venue located in Buxton, Maine. The 110-acre farm has grown flowers, gourds, pumpkins, and berries using only organic methods for the past fifteen years. Over 8,000 annuals and perennials are grown for cutting every year, each varying in size, shape, and color. The farm also welcomes couples to handpick flowers, either to use alone as decoration for their wedding or to provide to the farm's floral design team for wedding arrangements. Nancy Stedman, the owner, has been a master gardener for over fourteen years through the University of Maine Cooperative Extension and has been growing perennials, herbs, and vegetables for over 25 years.

Little River Flower Farm provides flowers and designs floral arrangements, such as aisle and alter décor, bouquets, corsages, boutonnieres, chuppah décor, flower crowns, flower girl baskets, and table arrangements. Multiple services are offered, including:

• Consultation
  • Delivery
  • Set up
  • Venue visit

Other Services
Little River Flower Farm can also host weddings, with two reception sites and two ceremony sites. The farm features a center chimney cape with a carriage house and an attached barn, built in 1815. The house is surrounded by perennial gardens, blueberry fields, ponds, walking paths, and a meandering river. Couples are also offered the following amenities:

• Hand-crafted rustic benches and birch arbor
  • In-door restroom facilities
  • On-site parking
  • Bonfire at either reception site

41 Reviews for Little River Flower Farm

41 Little River Flower Farm Reviews

S
Featured
Sofija

Married on 09/09/2017

We used Little River Flower Farm for both our flowers and our ceremony/reception, and they were wonderful to work with! When looking for a venue, we knew we wanted to get married outdoors, ideally ... Read more somewhere with natural beauty. We also wanted flexibility – no vendor requirements or strict windows for moving things in and out of the venue. LRFF went above and beyond our expectations and desires! The ceremony site is beautiful – in the woods, surrounded by trees and next to a stream, with handmade benches for guests. The reception area is spacious and included a large bonfire, which was a HUGE hit. The flowers were all beautiful. Nancy picked and arranged the bouquets and arbor from her gardens and the morning before the wedding, my fiance, parents, and some family members all arrived at the farm early to pick the flowers for the wedding. It was the dreamiest start to the wedding weekend and ensured the arrangements turned out exactly as I had envisioned. Prior to the wedding, Nancy was responsive to all of my calls, and provided a lot of advice. On the day of the wedding, Nancy and Bruce helped to guide guests, answer questions, and build the previously mentioned bonfire! In the days after the wedding, the venue was one of the things that was so highly regarded among our guests. I highly recommend Little River Flower Farm for a ceremony and reception site, as well as for all your flower needs!

S
Sheena

Married on 09/08/2018

Nancy at little River Flower Farm was amazing. I didn't really have any vision at all for my flowers, but what Nancy created was exactly perfect for me and the venue. The bouquets were absolutely ... Read more gorgeous, and I completely fell in love with the arrangements she made for the barrels and vases. Nancy was always so easy and pleasant to a work with. I couldn't recommend Little River Flower Farm more.

A
Amy

Married on 07/07/2018

I can't say enough amazing things about LIttle River Flower Farm and Nancy for my wedding flowers. I was an out of state, destination wedding bride and finding a florist was tricky. Add getting ... Read more married on an island and needing 20+ table arrangements to come via ferry to the mix but LRFF was the answer! Nancy asked for photos of arrangements I liked, discussed budget and what would be in season. I gave Nancy a few ideas but overall gave her free range and the arrangements were the most gorgeous flowers I've ever seen. She exceeded all my expectations. I would have paid over double the amount had I gone with anyone else. Thank you Nancy and LRFF, so many people complimented how gorgeous all the arrangements were!