Lockport Locks & Erie Canal Cruises Inc

Lockport, NY · View map

About Lockport Locks & Erie Canal Cruises Inc

Canal Side at Lockport is a wedding Wedding Venue from Western New York State. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Erie County, Niagara County, and Genesee County. Canal Side at Lockport is a professional wedding Wedding Venue that has been part of the Western New York wedding industry for 14, cruises for 27 years. We specialize in on-site Catering, Canal Cruises, Banquets, Indoor and Outdoor ceremony sites, in-door sites, Covered Patio outdoor site, Cocktail Cruises, Showers, Family Parties, Corporate Parties.

14 Reviews for Lockport Locks & Erie Canal Cruises Inc

14 Lockport Locks & Erie Canal Cruises Inc Reviews

Heather
Heather

Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing wedding location and service

We wanted something different for our wedding and Captain Mike and Marybeth at Lockport Locks delivered. Our guests described the wedding and cruise as "top notch" and "very classy". Mike is great and ... Read more great and Marybeth kept everything rolling, tended to the guests like they were her own, helped bustle my dress (my teenage daughter\bridesmaid was struggling), and had everything all packed up and ready for us at the end of the night. I gave Marybeth pictures of how I wanted the tables to look and she got it perfect. I brought in my own linens as I did not want white or black. They were laid out exactly as I pictured and packed right back up for us to take home. Mike worked with us on our guest count and was more than flexible and helpful during the planning. There are time constraints with doing a cruise after the wedding so Marybeth kept everything flowing. I would suggest doing pictures before the ceremony due to the time constraints if you are doing the ceremony onsite or you may be rushed. This is not a fault of the location by any means as you are trying to fit in a ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing in 5.5 hours. We had such a great time!

T
Theresa

Married on 07/27/2013

We absolutely LOVED our wedding at Canal Side! Sharon was so helpful and kept everything running smoothly. Other reviewers have mentioned that they felt the scheduling was too rigid, but believe me, ... Read more without a third party there to run a tight ship, your day will slip away from you! I really appreciated her keeping everything on track. We loved every minute of our day, and we have also heard from many of our guests who have raved about the food (mouthwatering!!) and the cruise on the canal. Many people had never locked through, and said this will be a wedding they will never forget! I especially appreciated how attentive the staff was. As I was going through the buffet line, I was also helping my daughter plate up. One of the staff members came and offered to carry my plate and help me navigate the line. Everyone was just so kind! I highly recommend Canal Side. It was a wonderful experience, and the price was on par with what you'd pay for your typical hotel/banquet hall wedding. If you're looking for something unique...this is the place!

S
Sabrina

Married on 05/31/2013

We chose to have our wedding at canal side after attending a wedding there. The staff was professional and courteous throughout the entire night. Sharon, the owner/planner, was very helpful with all ... Read more aspects of the wedding. I had to contact her several times for questions that I had forgotten to ask and she was always more than willing to help (The easiest way to contact her is via email). We opted to do majority of our photos before the wedding ceremony in what our photographer titled a "reveal" this way the wedding stayed on schedule and there was less down time for the guests. She was still able to get the much wanted photos of the grooms first glimpse of the bride by doing photos this way. The staff worked well and was accommodating to all of my vendors. Even my DJ commented on how impressed he was with the professionalism of the staff. All of my guests raved about the staff, food and venue. The wedding ran right on schedule despite on and off thunderstorms all evening. I was especially impressed when there was a staff member assigned to assist me with getting my plate as my 1 1/2 year old son (ring bearer) was attached to my hip. They also made my husband and I sandwich and a wrap to go. After booking my wedding here I read a few of the not so great reviews and was slightly concerned, however after everything the staff did to go out of their way for us I am so glad we chose canal side for our wedding.