Love and Dishes Catering

Mount Airy, MD · View map

About Love and Dishes Catering

Love and Dishes Catering is a culmination of Minda Merwin Metz years of high end catering and food experience. Minda grew up on a farm and learned Farm to Table before it was even a "thing", she moved to Telluride in the early '80's and cooked for Ralph Lauren and family at his ranch eventually moving to Manhattan becoming his main chef. In Maryland she has owned restaurants and cafes, but catering is where her heart and creativity soar.

Menus are customized, food organic and locally sourced whenever possible and Minda would call her style "West Coast Fresh". But, better than that she understands intuitively what her client's truly want, and delivers. She loves what she does and it shows. She will create your floor plan, time line, coordinate your ceremony and vendors as well as manage your reception day of.

18 Reviews for Love and Dishes Catering

18 Love and Dishes Catering Reviews

Sarah
Sarah

Married on 06/08/2019

Thankful Beyond Words - L&D is a MUST

What could I say about Minda and her team at Love & Dishes? Everything amazing…beyond words, that’s what. She was recommended by our venue and wow, are we thankful beyond words for her and her team. ... Read more She asked us questions that we couldn’t even have thought of ourselves talk about. She helped us plan an amazing menu that was personalized to us: brussel sprouts with almonds and figs (inspired by our favorite restaurant), grilled cheese bites, shrimp and grits with steak, amazing fresh bread, almost a dozen hand-made desserts (crème brulee, cheesecake bites, coffee cake, just to name a delicious few). Her team was kind, attentive, and polite. Minda made sure that my husband and I got food and snacks after the ceremony and a to-go box each for after the reception. One person on their staff was charged with making sure we were fed and hydrated (with water and wine) and we were so thankful for them. Throughout the process she made sure that realistic expectations were set and met, that all vendors were communicating, and that she was an email or text away. There were things that we didn’t even have to buy because she had them. If she didn’t have them or I wanted to buy them, she knew where to get them. Her experience and knowledge are beyond bounds. My husband and I paid for our wedding and she was worth every cent because what she gave us was way more than an amazing menu. I mean, I CRIED when I walked into the reception space because she gave us what we had worked so hard to afford. Really, she and her team are an asset to this area. We were lucky to have her for our day. The final thing I will say though is that she was INVESTED. She only does one event per weekend because she values her own family in addition to her clients. We love that. She wants to have time for everyone and really focus. She felt like a part of the family, like she knew more about the wedding than my parents did. I could go on forever. Thank you, Minda and team. Thank you!

C
Caitlin

Married on 10/20/2018

Absolute best choice we made!!

Choosing Minda and Love & Dishes as our caterer was hands down the best decision we made throughout the entire wedding planning process. After our first meeting with Minda we knew, without a doubt, ... Read more that we had found our caterer. However, you get so much more than catering when you book Love & Dishes - Minda was incredibly responsive and graciously answered all of our random questions (even when they had nothing to do with catering), she coordinated timelines, etc. with all of our other vendors at the reception venue, her team made the most beautiful signage/table numbers that matched our 'theme' perfectly, everywhere we looked she had provided perfect décor touches, and the overall reception set up was more perfect then we could have ever hoped for. The food was absolutely amazing, and still talked about by our family and guests (and I don't think they'll stop raving anytime soon)! The cakes and desserts Minda made were out of this world (we'll be dreaming of the Take Five cake, in particular, for the rest of our lives)! Minda's experience and knowledge of the industry was irreplaceable; we leaned on her for several other vendor recommendations and we couldn't be more pleased that she was able to connect us with such incredible people. We could go on and on about how grateful we are to have worked with Minda and her team – she truly thought of EVERYTHING and invested herself in our wedding day, so much so that it felt like working with family. We can't recommend Love & Dishes enough to anyone looking for their wedding caterer - the attention to detail, the creation of an amazing personalized menu, the expertise, the professionalism, and of course the genuine kindness that Minda exudes are just some (of many) reasons why you won't be disappointed if you choose to work with Minda and her team. It will be the best wedding planning decision you make!

L
Laura Lebherz

Married on 08/11/2018

Love and Dishes - 5 STARS!

Love and Dishes catering by far was the best aspect of my wedding. They listened to what we wanted out of our special day, offered advice, which I ended up following because they're the experts, not ... Read more me! Minda and staff were a joy and they "catered" to all my needs. I'm a total foodie and the food surpassed my expectations, especially given the outdoor kitchen they had to prepare our courses in. It was a seated/plated meal and everyone raved about the appetizers and food. I could write a whole book on Love and Dishes Catering and Minda, but not everyone has time for that. In conclusion; they were perfect in every way and made my day the most special.