Lyndhurst Castle

Tarrytown, NY · View map · Visit website

About Lyndhurst Castle

Lyndhurst Castle is an estate conceived and constructed over a century ago situated on sixty-seven acres of the widest part of the Hudson River in Tarrytown, New York. Lyndhurst is a magnificent venue for weddings and celebrations of all varieties and sizes. With the castle as your backdrop, the grounds, gardens and individual venues can be conjoined or enjoyed separately for more intimate gatherings. Lyndhurst is one of 29 National Trust Historic Sites.

Facilities and Capacity

Lyndhurst is the ideal venue for dramatic, fairy tale weddings large or small. From the moment your guests enter the estate they will be immersed in the beauty, history, and solitude of the property which is set on the widest part of the Hudson River, only thirty-five minutes from New York City and easily accessible from multiple transportation hubs. Whether your wedding is elegant and formal, or simple and rustic, Lyndhurst will make you feel like true royalty with the mansion as your backdrop and a variety of flexible, customizable event spaces and tenting areas. Their Carriage House is home to Lyndhurst’s semi-permanent tent, which hosts up to 300 guests with dinner and dancing. While this is our most traditional and commonly-used reception space, other opportunities for tented receptions exist throughout the property. Ceremonies can be held on the Great Lawn or in the Rose Garden. The mansion serves as the backdrop for your event and makes every moment more-than-picture perfect.

Lyndhurst is a full-service venue with event planning and in-house catering. Couples who book the venue have the option of event rentals. A list of their services include:

• Cake
  • Cleanup and setup
  • Liability insurance
  • Ceremony Area
  • Dressing Room
  • Reception Area
  • Wireless Internet

Cuisine

This venue offers a variety of serving options, including a buffet, stations, and plated dinners. They can also host a cocktail reception, complete with hors d’oeuvres and servers. Their cuisine styles are limitless. Some of their options include:

• Asian
  • Mediterranean
  • Mexican
  • Middle Eastern

Other Services

They can serve house beer, liquor, and wine, as well as a signature drink. Their other services include the following:

• Bartenders

Featured
Amanda Schmoyer

Married on 11/03/2018

Fairytale wedding

I highly recommend everyone at Lyndhurst, from planning to every detail they were there to answer every question. Every vendor we chose, they worked closely with and communicated with them so ... Read more everything and everyone was on the same page. You can hire any vendor but the ones the recommended were AMAZING. Highly recommend Lyndhurst and the team there!

I
Irene

Married on 10/06/2018

Rough start, but in the end it was amazing!

We initially booked Lyndhurst Mansion (who works exclusively with Philip Stone Caterers) in November 2016, almost two years before our wedding. Not going to lie, while our initial booking process was ... Read more very smooth, we actually ended up seeing both our original venue coordinator and her replacement leave! It was pretty rough around the year-before-the-wedding mark when we were trying to get our second payment in. However, third time is the charm. Brandon, who is currently the coordinator for Philip Stone at Lyndhurst, is absolutely amazing, and his team is equally awesome. Brandon is extremely responsive, and answered all of my emails very promptly and patiently (and he was definitely patient -- there were multiple days in the month before the wedding when I'd send multiple emails). He and his team are completely on top of things; our cocktail hour and reception went off without any issues, and they rolled with it when things like my entire extended family showing up two hours early happened. Also, THE FOOD. Our guests raved about it. One of my friends dreams about the Meyer lemon puree in the sea bass entree. My big worry was that the food day of would not be as good as the tasting, but that turned out to be completely unfounded. My uncle that complains about literally everything even complimented it. I do also want to mention my bridal attendant, Jeannie, who I didn't know I needed before the wedding, but ended up being my crutch throughout the day of; I don't know what I would've done without her. In short, everything about our wedding at Lyndhurst was amazing. The mansion (so beautiful, and we loved the Halloween decor/scarecrows), the food/drinks, the Philip Stone team and their handling of logistics (seriously, I didn't have to worry about anything!), the servers (who we have a video of dancing to Whip/Nae Nae -- super cute!), everything. Thank you guys so much. :)

K
Kayleen

Married on 08/11/2018

We had our wedding at Lyndhurst this August and it was amazing! The venue is beautiful on its own and Brandon helped to make sure everything was perfect. Leading up to the wedding he was able to meet ... Read more with us a number of times, go over the details and answer any questions we had. He did his best to make sure we were happy. The day of the wedding he helped to make sure everything went off without a hitch. It was great!