Magnolia Plantation and Gardens

Charleston, SC · View map · Visit website

About Magnolia Plantation and Gardens

The Magnolia Plantation and Gardens is a historic venue located in Charleston, South Carolina. This plantation, which was once the Drayton’s family home, was constructed back in 1676. Now, this elegant wedding venue contains 500 acres of gorgeous garden spaces and romantic Spanish moss-draped oak trees that are perfect for a classic southern wedding backdrop.

Facilities and Capacity
Proclaimed as Charleston’s last romantic garden, the Magnolia Plantation and Gardens does not disappoint with its myriad of seasonal blooms. Depending on your wedding season, you and your guests will be surrounded by azaleas or camellias on your special day. With enough space for up to 250 of your friends and family, the property and gardens and will charm couples and their guests both indoors and out. Couples can choose from the Conservatory, which is an indoor greenhouse, the Carriage House, which overlooks the Ashley River, or the Plantation House Veranda, which overlooks the gardens, as possible indoor options.

The Magnolia Plantation and Gardens aims to provide couples and guests with a welcoming environment to celebrate not only wedding ceremonies and receptions, but also rehearsal dinners. This venue, which is also pet friendly, enjoys making you and your guests feel right at home. The team can assist you with outside vendors and provide you with a bridal suite, if needed, on your special day.

189 Reviews for Magnolia Plantation and Gardens

189 Magnolia Plantation and Gardens Reviews

K
Featured
Katie

Married on 07/05/2015

Magnolia plantation is where I had my July 2015 destination wedding and it could not have been a more perfect location! The site itself was absolutely breathtaking, it met all of my criteria in a ... Read more venue. i had my wedding at the carriage house, lucky for me it was hot but a beautiful day! my whole life I've always wanted an outdoor ceremony on the water and be able to have the reception indoors. This location was able to give me all of those thing! We said our vows under the most beautiful old oak tree that were all dripping with Spanish moss right on the Ashley River. When we finished the guests could walk straight into the carriage house to cool off and begin our night of fun! It even had enough room to accommodate a nice size wedding! We had about 100 guests with it being out of town but I believe there was enough room for around 150 at this location! My guests were all blown away by the sheer beauty of the venue. The whole location was the epitome of southern charm and was truly the most romantic setting for the most romantic day of my life. I would not have changed a thing and would definitely recommend it to anyone!

Madeline
Maddy

Married on 08/03/2019

The perfect venue for the perfect night

We had an amazing time renting the Carriage House for our recent wedding on August 3rd. Their staff was always willing to allow me to come and share the venue before hand with friends and family and ... Read more let us into the gardens for free when we visited. The onsite bridal suite was perfect for my bridesmaids and I to get ready in and the grounds were the perfect backdrop for our big day! Everyone was in awe of our venue and how beautiful it all came together!

Cassandra
Cassandra Amundson

Married on 07/24/2019

So romantic!

Wow. Simply stunning. I love the mansion porch area to do cocktail hour & the pond, swamp area by the iconic bridge. An amazing place to get married Read more Wow. Simply stunning. I love the mansion porch area to do cocktail hour & the pond, swamp area by the iconic bridge. An amazing place to get married