Magnolia Weddings

Oakland, CA · View map

About Magnolia Weddings

Magnolia Weddings is a wedding photographer based in Oakland, California. Owner and photographer Erich Valo is passionate about photography and people. He has been capturing weddings and engagements for over a decade and wouldn't trade his job for the world. He loves getting to know his clients and their families and providing them with a memorable time.

Magnolia Weddings offers impeccable wedding services to make their clients fully satisfied. The photographer offers the following services:

• Additional hours
  • Second shooter
  • Toning
  • Trash the dress

Other Services
He also provides other quality products for his clients. These other services include:

• Albums

2 Magnolia Weddings Reviews

J
jerry

Married on 06/14/2014

We met with Magnolia Weddings' Erich Valo and instantly knew that he was the one. Erich knows what he's doing and will do everything he can to make sure you get the pictures you want. We started by ... Read more meeting Erich at a park in San Francisco for our engagement photos, and boy was that a crazy day. My significant other and I both decided to wear outfits that weren't exactly agreeing with the San Francisco weather. After an hour or two of pictures, we felt that we might not be getting the photos we wanted. Erich had the idea to go closer to the water and take a photo with it in the background. We agreed, but we first had to get to our car which was parked rather far away, so Erich gave us a ride with his lovely family. When we reached our car, Erich and his wife realized where we had parked was such a picturesque scene that Erich had us pose for some pictures. Those pictures turned out to be the ones we chose to send out with our save the dates and we got a myriad of compliments from friends and family. This just goes to show that sometimes what you envision doesn't always work, but with a good photographer like Erich, he can help you from a new vision. Our wedding was an equally crazy day, but my wife and I knew we didn't have to worry about the photos. Erich did an amazing job at looking like he was part of the family, and not just a man with a camera attached to his face. His transitions were amazing from looking like a guest at the reception to dancing in the hall while snapping amazing photos. He really knows how to capture the mood of an event, but also knows how to frame a shot and what f-stop to use. He even sent his assistant to get my wife's favorite drink during the wedding, a Starbucks mocha frappuccino! Erich went above and beyond for our wedding and I know this won't be our last encounter with him. I highly recommend Magnolia Weddings for any event that requires a skilled photographer that takes amazing, high quality photos

E
Eruch

Married on 06/04/2005

We had a lot a rain at our wedding, which was a mostly outdoor affair, and Erich was able to work around it and get the extended family all together and take some great portraits that now set in ... Read more frames on our walls. I am eternally thankful that he made that happen, because the day was such a whirlwind for my wife and I and we would have forgotten all about it. Highly recommended! I don't know about price, as the photography was set up as a gift, so in that sense I got a lot of value for the money, but I just wanted to be clear I'm not reviewing price, just overall quality and effectiveness of what I wanted under unusual circumstances. In retrospect, I think you can't plan for every contingency of a wedding, so it's nice to know you have someone willing to adapt to whatever happens.

Magnolia Weddings FAQ