Main Street Ballroom

Ellicott City, Maryland · View map · Visit website

About Main Street Ballroom

For an historic wedding venue with loads of charm and character, Main Street Ballroom in Ellicott City, Maryland has got you covered. Modern, rustic and industrial elegance awaits you in this space that has been transformed from an authentic stone warehouse from the 1920s. Main Street Ballroom is a blank slate with character that you can customize to create your unique vision for your wedding day.

Facilities and Capacity

Couples may host up to 300 wedding guests within the main ballroom event space. The venue is 10,000 square feet and all on the same level, which means easy access for guests and vendors. There’s also a 3,000 square foot brick patio complete with fire features that can be used as an outdoor space for ceremonies or cocktail hour.

The Main Street Ballroom is a full-service wedding venue with event coordination that accepts outside vendors. The venue also offers additional services, including:

• Bridal + Groom's suites
  • Event rentals
  • Outside vendors
  • Setup
  • Wireless Internet

History

The Main Street Ballroom is nestled in the heart of Ellicott City’s historic main street. Originally constructed in the 1920s as an authentic stone warehouse, the Main Street Ballroom has been repurposed into a modern event venue with state-of-the-art amenities and features.

26 Reviews for Main Street Ballroom

26 Main Street Ballroom Reviews

J
Featured
Jarnell

Married on 04/01/2017

As the 1st bride, of the 1st wedding, of the VERY FIRST event at Main Street Ballroom (MSB), I am compelled to share my experience with this very special place with all those who are out there making ... Read more a decision on where to marry the love of your life. If you are like me you are feeling a bit overwhelmed and an extreme amount of pressure on how to pull this big day together. Venue was the first thing I looked for when planning and MSB was such a blessing to stumble upon! Their policies are like no other because they have a FOUNDATION OF FLEXIBILITY. I found other venues just told me what we can't do while the staff of MSB was always telling me what we could do and how they could help and accommodate. Other venues we looked at had restrictions on start times and vendors which I feel benefitted the venue and not US. We had a lot of DIY decor for our wedding so the ability to get into the venue at 8am the day of the event was so important. MSB has natural charm and unique features and you can truly create any atmosphere you imagine- rustic, elegant, modern,etc. We went for an industrial chic look and my guests praised the feel of the venue, it felt so special and exclusive. MSB has an adorable bridal suite full of all the accommodations you don't realize you need until: your phone battery is low (charging station), you can't put your dress on without sitting down (plush couch), you need some privacy to change (curtain section in corner) and your best girlfriends need to look their best too (several mirrored changing stations). Kate, the Owner, and Laura, the Director, were fantastic to work with! They were responsive to every request and question and were invested in making our day special. When I mentioned concern with my guests finding the venue they illustrated a map and posted it on their website and had 3 new directional signs made! I found them to be extremely resourceful and full of good ideas on how to utilize the space to match our vision.

T
Thomas

Getting married on 10/04/2019

This place is amazing! A must for would be Brides! Read more This place is amazing!!!!! A must for would be Brides!

A
Amira Frazier

Getting married on 09/13/2019

Amazing value for money!

We will be having our reception at the main street ballroom & so far the process has been a breeze! Kate is very responsive & the venue is excellent value for money! The venue is VERY flexible & you ... Read more will find that having your wedding/reception here will allow you to create just what you’ve envisioned!