Makeover Artistry

Warwick, Rhode Island · View map · Visit website

About Makeover Artistry

An award-winning wedding hair and makeup service in Warwick, Rhode Island, Makeover Artistry produces stunning hair styles and flawless makeup application. Owner Donna Sousa works with couples and their wedding parties to enhance and create the perfect complexion for their special day. Although they specialize in bridal hair and makeup, Makeover Artistry also provides beauty services for other special events, such as editorial photo shoots, pageants, and television appearances.

Through consultations and hair and makeup trials, couples will be able to work with Donna to find a style and design that best suits them. Fully licensed and professionally experienced, Donna has experience with providing hair, hair removal via waxing, makeup, salon, spa, and teeth whitening services. Regarding hair services, the team at Makeover Artistry has experience with blowouts, coloring, extensions, relaxers, haircuts, and perms and textured styling. If interested, they also offer Keratin treatment and formal updos and styling. For makeup services, couples can request natural, airbrush, or contour makeup, but Makeover Artistry specializes in airbrush foundation. If desired, couples and their wedding parties can request for eyebrow and eyelash tinting, fake eyelash application, eye makeup, and tattoo coverage. All hair and makeup services can be provided on-site.

124 Reviews for Makeover Artistry

124 Makeover Artistry Reviews

N
Featured
Natalie

Married on 07/21/2018

First off this is absolutely A+ quality! I encourage any future bride to 100% choose Makeover Artistry, you'll be glad you did! I cannot say enough wonderful things about Donna. Finding Donna was the ... Read more highlight of my vendor search. I’m a woman of color (AA), recently married (2 weeks ago) on Block Island. Donna was willing to travel out to the island (hallelujah) and did absolutely beautiful work on hair/makeup for myself as well as for my mother and mother in law. She is incredibly skilled and was able to work with various skin tones. As a woman of color with medium to deep skin tone, my mother has lighter skin tone and my mother-in-law is Caucasian (with fair skin, blonde hair and blue eyes). Donna was able to work with all of us using airbrush makeup to create a flawless complexion! Despite only having done a makeup trial and no actual hair trial, she was effortlessly able to create beautiful and elegant hairdos that were exactly what we wanted. Everyone offered such beautiful compliments! Donna is also a joy to work with. She is personable, calm, funny and professional! Even further she went out of her way to help me get dressed and out the door to be married! I followed up with her in person and was greeted with hugs and kisses! At this point Donna seems more like a friend than a vendor. I am so glad I found her, as I was losing hope after doing trials with a few other cosmetologists- one that made me look like a corpse and the other who made me look like a pole dancer. You will absolutely be happy if you choose to work with her, as she is incredibly skilled and experienced working with various skin tones and colors, is reliable, professional, reasonably priced and has a fantastic personality! Importantly, she knows how to create beautiful wedding makeup (and hairstyling). Not all vendors who can even apply makeup, know what an appropriate look is for a wedding. Bridal makeup should be soft, beautiful & elegant in my opinion. Trust me, she is the BEST!

L
Leslie

Getting married on 04/21/2020

I can't say enough good things about Donna Sousa and her Makeover Artistry team! I recently had the opportunity to participate in my sister-in-law's wedding, where they took care of hair & makeup for ... Read more seven of us, ranging in age from 25 to 75 and everyone looked fabulous! Everyone looked beautiful for pictures, hairstyles withstood the humidity often associated with an outdoor summer venue, as well as a night of dancing, and the makeup was natural and survived the occasional tear. They are consummate professionals and highly recommended for anyone looking for personalized service! My husband & I will be renewing our vows on our 25th anniversary, and I wouldn't consider booking with anyone but Donna!!

Bri
Bri

Married on 07/13/2019

Donna is an amazing make up artist and she has a gentle soul : )

I would like to thank Donna Sousa for the fantastic job of making my bridal party look gorgeous for our wedding this past weekend! She did all of our hair and make up flawlessly. It was more than I ... Read more could have ever hoped for! Not only does Donna know her way around hair and makeup, she is a pro at dealing with difficult mothers and maid of honors with sensitive skin types. I was so anxious and nervous on my wedding day and it was Donna’s caring and calm demeanor that soothed my nerves. We could not have looked this good without you! Thank you Donna! 😘