Makeup Artistry by Dana Dodson

Arlington, Massachusetts · View map

About Makeup Artistry by Dana Dodson

Makeup Artistry by Dana Dodson is a wedding day beauty service based in Arlington, Massachusetts. Dana wants to know what makes you feel beautiful. Everyone’s idea of beauty is different, and on your wedding day, you deserve to have your vision represented by someone who understands how to execute natural, or more bold glamour. Whatever your preference is, Makeup Artistry by Dana Dodson can deliver it to you with flawless, long lasting results. Dana recognizes that wedding days are among the most important days of your life — and she is here to ensure everything goes smoothly, working on your timeline, and providing touch ups as needed to keep you flawless all day. Her professional makeup kit is stocked with top quality products, suitable for every skin type and tone, so there is something for every member of your wedding party.

Makeup Artistry by Dana Dodson provides wedding day makeup services for you, your bridal party, and even mothers of the bride or groom. Work with Dana during a consultation, where she will get to know your likes, dislikes, preferences and personal style. Dana is committed to bringing your exact vision to life, whether it is traditional wedding beauty, or a modern twist.

38 Reviews for Makeup Artistry by Dana Dodson

38 Makeup Artistry by Dana Dodson Reviews

L
Lisa

Married on 06/09/2018

Dana is incredible and I'm so happy I found her! I had a hard time finding a makeup artist. My first few trials with other artists went poorly because my husband likes me wearing very little makeup, I ... Read more wanted to look like my best self so that meant some makeup, but most makeup artists really hose you down with product. I mentioned all of this to Dana at the trial and she completely understood where I was coming from. She did just the slightest amount of makeup (some undereye concealer, eyeshadow, eyeliner, lipstick) and it looked great. My husband didn't see the trial and was VERY worried that I wouldn't look like myself at the wedding with too much makeup, but he was so happy when he saw Dana's work. Everyone looked great - 3 bridesmaids and my mom. It was also super relaxing to get my makeup done by Dana. When someone is inches from your face from the better part of an hour it could get awkward if you don't really know where to look and such but Dana made it very relaxing and enjoyable. It's funny, on the wedding day itself I probably had the longest conversation with Dana out of everyone because the rest of the day was a whirlwind of short conversations. The makeup hour was so peaceful and I looked great at the end. Highly recommend!!

K
Kristen

Married on 04/27/2018

Dana was such a delight to work with on my wedding day! She was flexible with scheduling a wedding trial, and really listened to my preferences for the "look" I was going for on my big day. She was ... Read more thoughtful about her work, and such a perfectionist in the best way - if something didn't look quite 'right' to her, she fixed it right then and there. She was super friendly and enthusiastic on the day of and made my mother, my bridesmaids and myself feel comfortable. Most importantly, she made me look like "me," just an amped up, beautiful version! Couldn't have asked for a better make up artist - she even stayed through the ceremony for touch ups to make sure my makeup wasn't completely washed away by all my happy tears :) So happy with her and would highly recommend!!

A
Antonia

Married on 09/30/2017

Dana was the makeup artist for a wedding in which I was a bridesmaid. I knew after that wedding who to contact for my wedding! Dana was very responsive to emails and questions. She was professional ... Read more and timely. She made my wedding party and I feel beautiful on my wedding day. I would recommend her to any one planning their wedding!