Makeup By Mara

White Plains, NY · View map

About Makeup By Mara

Makeup By Mara is a professional bridal beauty service in White Plains, New York. Mara is a licensed cosmetologist and has been in the beauty industry since 2007. She works one-on-one with brides to create timeless looks they’re guaranteed to love. Whether you’re a naturally blushing bride or want a more dramatic look, Makeup By Mara will make your wedding style memorable and uniquely you.

Makeup By Mara offers onsite beauty services for both brides and bridal parties. Mara will meet with you for a consultation and trial service to determine your wedding day look. The trial is also a great time to test out different colors and products to ensure a flattering, long-lasting look. False lashes and a touch-up kit are included in your package.

1 Reviews for Makeup By Mara

1 Makeup By Mara Reviews

K
Kelly

Married on 07/16/2016

Mara is simply AMAZING. There is a lot of details to worry about leading up to your wedding and the day of but your make-up does not have to be one of them. From the first time I contacted Mara, she ... Read more impressed me with her highly responsive nature to my emails (not very common among wedding vendors, in my experience). During the make-up trial, Mara was able to take a few images and my vague description of what I envisioned and provide exactly what I was looking for- make-up that would appear in picture but looked natural in person. Mara applied my input on my preferences of skin-tone/coverage, eye shadow color, brow thickness, and other various elements. Leading up to the wedding, she independently contacted me to confirm details of location and time to assure things went as smoothly as possible. The day of the wedding she arrived on time to set-up. She started each of her sessions with my bridesmaids by asking about their skin type, what lotions they had on their skin to prep it, and had them describe what they type of make-up application they were interested in (e.g., more natural, play up the eyes, bronzed skin, etc.). When she had finished the application of each person, it was evident that she would change her style based on their specific request. The bridesmaids had a range of skin tones and personal preferences that Mara was able to easily accommodate. When asked to make an adjustment to her make-up (which happened maybe once out of 7 people) she happily obliged and tweaked the make-up based on the request. Many of my "career bridesmaid" noted how rare it was to meet a make-up artist who was so versatile in her application and had thorough consultations with each girl. In addition to being a highly skilled and professional make-up artist, Mara is a delightful person to have around on your wedding day. Many of my bridesmaids commented on how bubble, positive, calm, and fun she was throughout the 6 hours of make-up application.

Makeup By Mara FAQ