Makray Memorial Golf Club

Barrington, IL · View map · Visit website

About Makray Memorial Golf Club

Makray Memorial Golf Club is a banquet hall hosting weddings for couples in the greater Rockford and Chicago, Illinois areas. This classic venue features a stone clubhouse draped in lush ivy and sitting upon a property of fresh green grasses. Sitting approximately an hour outside of Rockford in Barrington, Illinois, this venue offers an escape from the busy city atmosphere.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples' guest lists can include up to 240 guests at the Makray Memorial Golf Club. A stunning outdoor ceremony takes place on the lawn of the venue, with white chairs placed on a flat piece of landscape among the course's gently rolling hills. Indoors, a banquet hall with large windows and French doors keeps the space open and airy. As the sun sets, an overhead chandelier lights the room with a romantic and cozy glow.

The staff at this country club make couples feel as welcome and taken care of as possible. They do this by offering the following services:

• Bridal suite
  • Setup
  • Tables
  • Valet

Other Services
This venue hosts bridal showers and engagement parties for couples as well, in addition to ceremonies and receptions.

History
This golf course began in 1962, founded by Paul Makray Sr. and called Thunderbird. He wanted to create an inclusive space for families without the hassle of membership. The course and clubhouse were remodeled in 2002 and eventually became the Makray Memorial Golf Club.

71 Reviews for Makray Memorial Golf Club

71 Makray Memorial Golf Club Reviews

Kari
Kari

Married on 04/13/2019

Perfect venue to make your day perfect!

Leeza, Laurie, and Linda are phenomenal. They go out of their way to assist you in every way possible. The venue itself is beautiful and well maintained. The ranger takes a lot of pride in his course ... Read more and it shows and makes for great photos. Even after the event was over the team on-site was extremely helpful in the clean-up and getting us all our stuff to go home. We couldn't thank this team enough for making our day everything we dreamed of and more.

A
Amanda

Married on 10/07/2018

Makray was wonderful! We got married here just over two weeks ago. I don’t know how I would have gotten through everything without Leeza! The whole team was so supportive. Chef did a fantastic job and ... Read more everyone loved the food! The vegetarian tart was by far my favorite ever! I would got back just to have it again! My advice to couples is to have everything labeled and map out how you want any extra special details, or talk to them to have them note it. They will make sure it gets done!

A
Andrea

Married on 09/01/2018

If I could get married over and over again, I would continue to choose Makray. Laurie and Leeza were such a pleasure to work with and went above and beyond to make sure all of our questions were ... Read more answered. They also took the time to show us exactly how our potential linen choices would look in the ballroom! This definitely gave me peace of mind, rather than seeing it all come together for the first time on the Big Day. Our guests also RAVED above the food, service and the beautiful views. But that was no surprise to me and my husband! ;) Thank you Makray for making our dream wedding come true!!!