Marquis De Lafayette Ballrooms @ the Lafayette Hotel

Buffalo, NY · View map · Visit website

About Marquis De Lafayette Ballrooms @ the Lafayette Hotel

Marquis De Lafayette Ballrooms @ the Lafayette Hotel is a destination wedding venue located in the heart of downtown Buffalo. Couples planning their ceremony or reception will truly find an elegant backdrop in this refurbished historic hotel; from the glittering crystal chandeliers above to the gleaming polished hardwood floors below. The architectural details surrounds you with beauty. Your wedding party will feel as if they all slipped back into a bygone era of glamour and elegance in this magnificent venue. It is an exeptional venue and perfect for weddings of 20 - 350, engagement parties, showers, rehearsal dinners and much more!

Facilities and Capacity
The Marquis De Lafayette Ballrooms @ the Lafayette Hotel has three separate and uniquely decorated ballrooms. The Marquis Ballroom boasts a theatrical stage, large crystal chandeliers, gleaming hardwood floors and an adjectent room for cocktail hour. Our AAA Room is adjacent to the Marquis Ballroom and can accommodate cocktail hour for larger weddings or small intimate weddings and social affairs. Mahogany walls, marble tile floors and floor to ceiling windows surround you with historic opulence. Our Crystal Ballroom is adorn with original brass and crystal chanfeliers, intricate gold beams, floor to ceiling windows, marble floors and a raised seating area around the perimeter. This elegant space with luxurious touches easily accomodates up to 150 guests.

As you prepare and plan for your wedding at the Marquis De Lafayette Ballrooms @ the Lafayette Hotel, you will receive the assistance of our experienced wedding specialist. These experienced specialists know exactly how to make your wedding dreams into a reality. They will take care of your wedding details and make sure you have everything you need. We will outfit you with complimentary gold chiavari chairs, linens, glassware, china, and flatware. Couples are welcome to bring in their preferred outside vendors or we will help you with arrangements with booking preferred vendoes and wedding specialists. We offer valet parking at an additional charge. The building is wheelchair accessible.

Hotel Services
Enjoy all of the comforts of home in the Lafayette Hotel one bedroom hotel rooms and suites.

23 Reviews for Marquis De Lafayette Ballrooms @ the Lafayette Hotel

23 Marquis De Lafayette Ballrooms @ the Lafayette Hotel Reviews

K
Katie Feiner

Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing experience!

My wedding was held in the Crystal Ballroom (the smaller of the two ballrooms run by Marquis De Lafayatte). Ali and her team did an amazing job making my wedding a perfect experience! The food was ... Read more delicious, the staff was great, and I can't think of one thing to complain about. Ali was responsive to every email I sent prior to the wedding and was always helpful. Everyone had a great time and I felt supported every step of the way.

Andrea
Andrea

Married on 07/07/2017

I couldn't be happier with our choice in venue! Working with the team at Hotel Lafayette (through Acqua) was great. They were extremely responsive, professional and fun to be around. I'm so glad ... Read more they were part of our big day!

A
Ashley

Married on 07/11/2015

I was thrilled with my experience of having our reception in the Crystal Ballroom at the Hotel Lafayette! WE started working with Carrie in October 2014. Carrie was accommodating for any time that my ... Read more my fiancé and I were in town for planning and she was willing to do things and make changes for us to customize our day to be exactly how we wanted it. Unfortunately, we weren't able to finish our experience with her as she left her position and we finished planning with Ally via email and phone calls. We only actually met her 3 days before the wedding. Carrie did such a great job keeping track of all of our communications that the transition was seamless. There was only 1 slip-up that occurred the day of the wedding. There was miscommunication about our bar staying open for an extended amount of time. We quickly discussed it with the manager that was on duty and it was rectified within minutes. Only 2 guests were aware there was even an issue! Amazing! On top of all of this.... I had SEVERAL guests comment on how accommodating the staff was! I noticed that once I arrived at cocktail hour, they were extremely attentive to me, but apparently in the beginning they had made a point to find out who the MOG, MOB, and grandparents were and made sure they were all taken car elf for the night. Even guests that weren't "wedding party" couldn't believe how friendly and attentive the staff were. To make a point to tell me is saying something about the professionalism. I am THRILLED that we decided to have our reception here!