Mary Coburn

Canton, Connecticut · View map · Visit website

About Mary Coburn

A wedding officiant service in Canton, Connecticut, Mary Coburn, Wedding Celebrant and Officiant prides itself on creating personalized wedding ceremonies. Owned by experienced wedding celebrant and officiant Mary Coburn, the company is committed to reflecting who you are not only as individuals but as a couple as well. The perfect choice for celebrating your unique love story, Mary Coburn, Wedding Celebrant and Officiant brings its best energy and creative talents to your special day!

Mary Coburn offers a number of wedding officiant services for couples to benefit from. Said services include, but are not limited to, the following:

• Consultations
  • 24/7 phone support
  • Organized rehearsals
  • Vendor Coordination

Areas Covered
Mary Coburn, Wedding Celebrant and Officiant proudly offers wedding officiant services to couples located in and around Canton, Connecticut. Coupled with the local area, said services are also extended to interested couples throughout Connecticut, southern Massachusetts and western Rhode Island.

136 Reviews for Mary Coburn

136 Mary Coburn Reviews

C
Claire McKenna

Married on 07/19/2019

A beautifully personal ceremony, wonderful experience all around!

Of all the aspects of my wedding day, the ceremony itself was not something I had any strong ideas about, had no personal traditions to fall back on, and was almost dreading. Mary was on a list of ... Read more officiants recommended by my wedding venue which is how I initially heard about her. She put me at ease immediately, from our very first phone call she understood my concerns and had wonderful ideas for how we could create a ceremony that felt right for us. I could have chatted with her for hours, she is so easy to talk to. We met with Mary in person shortly after that but due to living in another state from where we were holding our wedding, that was the only time we met with her face to face before our rehearsal. Mary made the process simple, gave us questionnaires to work on so she could learn more about who we were. She was always available to answer any questions we had along the way and checked in right when we needed a nudge. My husband managed to procrastinate his questionnaire until it was too late but Mary was able to work off the answers I had given her and the ceremony she wrote brought tears to my eyes when I read the draft. She managed to capture our story and convey all the humor, love, and important facets of who we are. At our rehearsal Mary had every detail covered ensuring our bridal party knew where to be and what to do making everyone feel relaxed which was wonderful! That calming presence she exudes continued into our ceremony itself, any time I felt a flutter of nerves and emotions I was able to focus on her calm, even way of speaking and remember the advice she gave about how to feel grounded in that moment and despite things being such a blur it allowed me to feel present in the moment. After our ceremony we had family and friends approaching us with the highest compliments for our ceremony and asking how we knew Mary. Many family members on both sides assumed she was a family friend from one of our families because she was able to share our story as though she had known us forever. Mary helped us create a modern fairytale out of our love story and I will cherish rereading her words for years to come in the wonderful booklet she put together of our whole ceremony as a gift to us. She provides such a personal touch to her services, taking the time to truly get to know us during the process of crafting the ceremony. I can't emphasize enough how wonderful it was to work with Mary and any couple would be lucky to work with her as well.

Lizzie
Lizzie

Married on 06/09/2019

HIGHLY recommend!

We hired Mary to be our wedding officiant in June 2019. Mary came highly recommended from our wedding planner and we also did a ton of research ourselves. Best decision we've ever made! Mary truly ... Read more has a special gift for what she does. She has incredible grace, empathy, warmth, charisma and kindness, and everyone at our ceremony and I mean everyone commented about how wonderful she was and how beautiful and heartfelt our ceremony was. Every step of the way, she was PRESENT, an excellent listener and communicator, and made us feel so grounded. She was truly amazing with our family and friends during the rehearsal, and worked amazingly well with all our vendors. And it wasn't just what she said during our ceremony, it was the WAY she said it and how she shared our story. One thing my husband really enjoyed about her was the time and the several rounds she took with both of us reviewing our personal vows until they were perfect. It really shows the level of commitment she made. We are eternally grateful for her authenticity and the bright spirit she brings to her work. She set the tone for the entire occasion and was absolutely pivotal to the success of our special day!!!!

Jennifer
Jennifer

Married on 09/14/2018

Mary helped make our wedding a DREAM!

If we could have Mary be the godmother of our first child, I honestly think we would. She's that amazing. The ceremony was one of the most important pieces of the wedding for us and Mary made it so ... Read more special. Both of my parents (separately) were trying to make recommendations for an officiant based on someone they had seen as guests of a wedding. But we ended up doing our own research on the Knot and decided to meet with Mary. We obviously loved her and booked her after the initial meeting. We later found out that Mary was the SAME PERSON my parents were recommending to us. Truly the stars aligning. Mary was sensitive to family dramas and creative in presenting solutions. She was thorough, kind, patient and responsive. An hour before the ceremony she came up to check on me and I was a bundle of nerves. I asked her to walk through the entire ceremony with me again. She physically walked me through each step, knowing that would help me feel calmer. I was so grateful for her. And the written ceremony Mary drafted was just perfect. It was personal, sweet and funny. She listened to who we were, what we loved about each other and wrote the most beautiful ceremony that truly encompassed our love and who we are as a couple. She even puts the entire written ceremony and our vows in a little pamphlet for us as a gift at the end. We will cherish it forever. If you get sick, Mary is the type of person that you'd want to take care of you. She has this contagious and positive energy about her. All our guests were talking about our officiant. We all just adore her.