Maura Black Photography

Des Plaines, Illinois · View map · Visit website

About Maura Black Photography

Wedding days are incredible. From the hours of preparation leading up to the ceremony to the last glass of champagne poured as the reception winds down, weddings are so. Much. Fun.

My philosophy on wedding photography is simple: I aim to capture the love, laughter and authenticity that fills the very special day that two people decide to belong to each other forever. To immortalize those moments, both big and little, that you will cherish forever from an artistic, documentary perspective. I believe that these little moments are what your legacy is comprised of. Let's capture them and let's celebrate!

Maura Black Photography offers three packages: bronze, silver, and gold. Every package has at least four hours of coverage, high-resolution images, an online gallery, and a USB of edited images. Other services include:

• Additional hours

17 Maura Black Photography Reviews

Jenny
Jenny Brager

Getting married on 06/06/2020

Maura has been so great, I don't even know where to begin!

Maura has been so great, I don't even know where to begin! She was fun to talk on the phone with for initial information, and easy to schedule our engagement shoot with. (We had to reschedule our ... Read more shoot sort of last minute, and she was incredibly understanding and easy to reschedule with.) During the actual shoot, we felt like were just hanging out with one of our friends for an hour. We also had our dog with us, who is typically a bit anxious of strangers and reactive to other dogs, so we didn't know how long we'd have her out with us. Luckily she behaved the whole time, and loved Maura too. We fully expected to get our images back in 2 weeks, but we got our "Sneak Peak" within 2 days, then the whole album only 3 days after that! Truly incredible! We know she'll do an amazing job with our wedding photos next June!

K
Karen Block

Married on 08/10/2019

The Best Photographer Ever

Wow…where to begin? From the first email exchange between Maura and me I knew she was going to be amazing! She was so responsive, helpful, and enthusiastic upon receiving my inquiry. I loved her ... Read more photos and decided that I didn’t need to meet her in person before deciding she would be our wedding photographer…the vibes from her were just THAT good! Our great decision to go with Maura was further solidified when we had our engagement session. She made us feel comfortable right away, was incredible efficient, and most of all, made it fun. She also delivered the photos to us in record time- which made us so happy because we were so eager to receive them. The months in between our engagement session and the wedding included lots of communication from Maura- we received resources such as a photography questionnaire to make sure we told her all of the photos we wanted and moments we wanted captured. She also sent us wedding planning guide that she created as a recently bride herself. It was incredibly helpful and thoughtful of her to share with us. Our wedding day arrived and Maura exceeded all of our expectations (which were already high due to our experiences with her). She was prompt, efficient and remained fun and calm despite the many many large group photos we had. She stole us away during “golden hour” because the light was perfect and she wanted to sneak in a few more photos of us before the party really kicked off. I am SO SO glad she did this because she already sent us a sneak peek of a few photos and they are beyond gorgeous!!!! Lastly, the sneak peek. We woke up the morning after our wedding and I noticed that Maura had posted a photo on Instagram. I was so overjoyed to see this (because I was sad our wedding was over) and responded to her photo. She told me to go check my email because she had sent me a sneak peek. 12 hours later and she already had a dozen photos for us to look through and we love ALL of them. We are so excited to get all of our photos back and I do not think that this will be the last time we use Maura Black Photography. Thank you, Maura!!!!

Geoffrey
Geoffrey Swanson

Married on 07/26/2019

Phenomenal :)

We had to plan our wedding from Arizona, so it was no easy feat trying to find reliable, quality vendors in Chicago. Man did we luck out with Maura. From the first phone consultation to the last photo ... Read more on the dance floor, she couldn't have been more helpful and just plain awesome to work with. Maura captured some of those little, intimate moments that we were hoping for including the getting ready pictures, exchanging of gifts, and first look. There were seriously some magazine cover quality pictures (see bride with her bouquet). Her personality is wonderful and she definitely knows some of the best spots to take photos around the city. She was on her A game the entire day as we took photos at several different locations in a short amount of time. A beautiful person and a fantastic photographer, we would highly recommend Maura!