Maya Myers Photography

West Hollywood, CA · View map

About Maya Myers Photography

As documentary photographers, it is the m|mP team's job to be observers and storytellers. It is their passion however for the human condition, emotions, relationships, LOVE, that draws them to photographing weddings.

Based in Los Angeles, Maya balances her days between photographing weddings and projects in conjunction with local and national organizations focusing on youth advocacy. Her wedding and editorial images have been published both in Print and Web media outlets such as the New York Times, Newsweek, MSN, NBC News, Variety, W, and SELF. Maya's team of photographers consist of editorial and portrait wedding photographers who are hand picked for each of her clients u
nique wedding.

Maya has been photographing weddings across the US for over eight years and every year her love for it grows

13 Reviews for Maya Myers Photography

13 Maya Myers Photography Reviews

Clayton
Clayton Holt

Getting married on 10/02/2020

Fabulous Photographer/Wonderful experience

Full disclosure..... Maya Myers is a close family friend, and I just got married in February, for the first time, and Maya took all the pictures. I am so glad Maya was available because I had heard she ... Read more she is one of the premiere photographers in the area, especially for weddings and now I know this to be true. I have very little experience in planning or attending weddings so having Maya there was one of the best decisions we could have made. I ended up doing a courthouse wedding with only a few invited guests, so the photographs are very important to us. Besides the actual marriage, the photos are what we will cherish the longest and the most. Maya provided us with a great array of pictures that we could not be more happy with. First, Maya knows what she is doing. Not obtrusive at all, Maya worked around us, and captured us in some great personal moments. She knew of several places in and around the courthouse that provided interesting backdrops and made for some very cool pictures. We also got a great selection of color, black and white, action and still shots to chose from. It was truly effortless to be directed by Maya. As someone who looks away when cameras are pointed my way, I found Maya to be engaging but not at all overbearing. She has poignant suggestions and knows when something is working and when it isn’t. We hardly noticed that we were having our pictures taken. She is easy going and fun! Besides being all that and a bag of chips, Maya delivered. The photos are truly lovely, and we feel so fortunate that Maya was able to document our special day. We received such a variety of shots that not only capture our happiness but are beautifully composed. She had so many cool, interesting ideas for us..........Maya is the best!

Lily
Lily Walla

Married on 06/22/2019

Hire maya - it will be the best decision you make!

RAVE REVIEW BELOW! If you are looking for the BEST of the BEST to capture your special day, look no further - Maya is INCREDIBLE! Admittedly so, I am crazy about photos and knew that I needed to ... Read more hire someone who had the right energy, creative spirit and eye to capture exactly what I was looking for. So, when I saw Maya, shooting a friend's wedding, moving furniture and climbing on things to get the "perfect" shot - I knew we needed to work together! Of course, she brought this same energy to our wedding! Maya was the perfect addition to our wedding weekend (we used her Friday & Saturday which I highly recommend) - she seamlessly blended into our group and felt like part of the family. In the best way possible, it felt like our wedding was the only one Maya had ever shot (which is not the case!!) - the experience felt personal and unique the entire time. Maya was a JOY to be around and a pleasure to shoot with. Most importantly, we had a blast!!!!!! We will be fans (and friends!) of Maya's for life!

User3404867

2+ years ago

Maya is amazing. She spent hours in the months leading up to the wedding getting to know my husband and I and our priorities for the wedding. We live about 300 miles from where we were married in New ... Read more New York, and Maya is based in LA 11 months of the year, but planning with her was easy because she works very well through phone and email (and after the fact, her blog and online resources are great). Maya was everywhere at the wedding without being obtrusive. Maya's style is photojournalistic, and she has an incredible skill for capturing moments. We and members of our family have teared up multiple times as we flipped through the photos, and we can't wait to see the album. Maya is talented, kind, and we felt very fortunate to work with her. I only wish she lived closer to us so that she could photograph more life events.