McDowall Acres

Blairsville, GA · View map · Visit website

About McDowall Acres

McDowall Acres is a rustic wedding venue located in Blairsville, Georgia. This venue sits on 109 acres of beautiful natural space, providing awe-inspiring views. McDowall Acres is a family farm in the mountains of Georgia that gives couples the rural atmosphere they desire. Book now and see what the country has in store for your special day.

Facilities and Capacity
McDowall Acres has transformed a barn into a unique event space to celebrate your new marriage. Warm woods and lovely hanging lights create the perfect atmosphere to spend time with your friends and family.

McDowall Acres is a full-service wedding venue with event coordination available. Their services include:

• Bridal suite
  • Outdoor and indoor event space
  • Six optional 10-ft farmhouse tables for use
  • Local vendor referrals
  • Set-up
  • On-site parking and parking assistance
  • Clean-up and trash removal

History
This farm was originally bought by Sonny and Dana McDowall in 1998 after they decided to move the family farm to the mountains. Now, their daughters Elizabeth and Lucy run it, keeping it in the family!

Location
This venue is located in Blairsville, Georgia near the Tennessee border. Here, you will be situated between the Nantahala and Chattahoochee National Forests.

11 Reviews for McDowall Acres

11 McDowall Acres Reviews

R
Featured
Rebecca

Married on 04/21/2018

This venue made for a fairytale day! Everything is so beautiful and the staff is so accommodating. I would highly recommend all brides checkout McDowall Acres before booking anywhere else! Read more This venue made for a fairytale day! Everything is so beautiful and the staff is so accommodating. I would highly recommend all brides checkout McDowall Acres before booking anywhere else!

Donna
Donna

Getting married on 11/02/2019

The perfect venue!!

This place was exactly what we were looking for. This is a beautiful property and the owners couldn't have been any more warm and inviting. We are blessed to be able to have our wedding at this ... Read more stunning place

Meg
Meg Wahl

Getting married on 10/12/2019

Everything I need and more!

Elizabeth and Lucy, the owners, are extremely accommodating and kind. If you want to feel like a bridal princess, they will make sure that happens from the first moment you visit. I've needed to meet ... Read more their multiple times to take more pictures, show my florist, show my fiance, etc. and the wedding is still a few months away, but they have been helpful in showing me and my crew every single time. They have been prompt and basically make you feel like you're their number one priority. I know that is something that many other brides do not get to experience, so I'm very greatly. Oh and the venue itself is an absolute DREAM. The mountains in the background, the horses (adorably named Cornbread and Buttermilk) the pristine pond photo opp, and the clean, modern barn that seems to have been created from the barn wedding dreams I've had all my life. Looking inside the barn form the outside you can see the string lights all the way down, creating such a romantic atmosphere. One of my favorite parts of this venue is the many accessories and decorations they have and will let you use at no extra charge. SO many venues will charge you for every little sign, box, etc that you want to use. I can't wait to get married and party all night at this beautiful venue!