The McGranahan Barn

Yukon, OK · View map · Visit website

About The McGranahan Barn

The McGranahan Barn is a rustic wedding venue just outside of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The barn is a replica of a historic 1800s barn built by the ancestors of the venue owners, whose family still farms the nearby land. The McGranahan Barn is steeped in history and offers a pleasant, idyllic natural setting to host your wedding ceremony and reception.

Facilities and Capacity
Capable of hosting up to 350 guests, The McGranahan Barn has two separate outdoor locations as well as two indoor locations. Outside, you may rent the Front Lawn, Back Valley, or both! Both spaces offer views of the surrounding farmland and gorgeous local, natural features. There’s even a small windmill on the lawn enhancing the authentic rustic vibe! Inside the Barn, the two spaces are the downstairs and the loft. The inside locations feel elegant while retaining their pastoral roots; as you enter the barn through the main doors, a beautiful chandelier greets you, while the bar is made out of wood from the original McGranahan barn. Decor also includes bistro lighting and Jack Daniels barrels and tables.

You’ll feel completely taken care of at The McGranahan Barn during your celebration, thanks to their setup and cleanup services, bridal suite, and event coordinator. Additionally, while they have preferred vendors, your own outside vendors are also welcome! Other services include:

• Lighting and sound
  • Pet-friendly
  • Event rentals

History
Once home to James and Sarah McGranahan, The McGranahan Barn property is on the National Register of Historic Places as a documented crossing of the Chisholm Trail. There are even preserved buffalo wallows remaining on the land. The McGranahans came to Oklahoma just after the end of the Civil War, where James McGranahan worked as the postmaster of Oklahoma Station (now Oklahoma City). They built their home and barn in 1895, where they lived until James’s death in 1939 and Sarah’s death one year later. The family land has remained essentially untouched since then and passed down through the generations, still remaining in family hands today.

15 Reviews for The McGranahan Barn

15 The McGranahan Barn Reviews

S
Featured
Suzy

Married on 01/27/2018

Venue is so important to your wedding... Think about what is in the back drop of every picture and memory and what sets the environment you want! McGranahan was our first and only choice of venue ... Read more because of its beauty and vibe of our wedding, it just fit! What surprised and delighted us is how flexible and accommodating the team was with our every request to make our day perfect! They were knowledgable of vendors and gave suggestions and helped so much leading up to and day of the wedding so we didn't have to worry about a thing! We wouldn't have changed a thing!

J
Jordan Hobart

Married on 05/18/2019

More than I could have asked for!

I can’t say enough wonderful things about The McGranahan Barn. This venue is incredible in itself—it has so much history and charm—as well as having a beautiful, rustic design. I absolutely loved the ... Read more bridal suite and outdoor patio. The soft lighting added the perfect touch. Maree, the month-of-coordinator, was essential and amazing. I could not have done it without her, nor would it have been as great. She was right there every step of the way with advice and guidance. She made any wedding day so relaxing for me and my wedding party, despite the crazy storms that moved through that morning. I loved how she did everything in her power to accommodate me and my husband. She made sure we got everything we wanted and it went off without a hitch. I highly, highly recommend The McGranahan Barn and Maree for coordinating!

S
Samantha

Married on 04/25/2019

I would highly recommend this venue!

We knew the minute we walked in that we wanted our wedding reception here and we were right it turned out beautiful! They were very helpful through the entire process. Everyone commented how loved the ... Read more barn!