McNay Art Museum

San Antonio, TX · View map · Visit website

About McNay Art Museum

*FRIDAY AND SUNDAY AVAILBILITY IN OCTOBER, AND NOVEMBER. PERFECT FOR REHEARSAL DINNERS AND SMALL WEDDINGS. ASK ABOUT OUR BOOKING INCENTIVE**

The McNay Art Museum is a mansion in the San Antonio, Texas area. This museum features works of art by the likes of artists Manet, Picasso and Renoir, ensuring that a couple’s wedding will be its own work of art on the museum’s grounds. Couples will find this venue just 15 minutes from the San Antonio Zoo.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can invite up to 300 guests to celebrate their big day at the McNay Art Museum. Sprawled on 23 acres of well-manicured property, this venue provides plenty of space for a couple’s celebration. The museum has two locations for outdoor wedding ceremonies. The first is at the Gazebo & Fish Pond, an area with landscaping inspired by Japanese gardens and culture. The second area is the Main Fountain, an area set in a circle of paved stones with a magnificent fountain as the centerpiece. There are three spaces couples can use in the museum for their cocktail hour and wedding reception. The Blackburn Patio is an open-air space surrounded by the walls of the museum. It features a stone patio, gardens, a fountain and colorful mosaic details in some of the walls and doorways. The Leeper Auditorium welcomes guests into a sophisticated room with hardwood floors and a vaulted ceiling. Couples and guests will also have access to the museum’s Main Galleries for eclectic wedding photographs and private viewing of the art.

This venue provides the necessary equipment for their big day, and also provides a list of preferred vendors that couples can choose for other services. At the McNay Art Museum, couples will find the following services:

• Chairs
  • Event rentals
  • Lighting/sound
  • Parking
  • Tables

History
This mansion, a Spanish Colonial Revival house, dates back to 1926. It was constructed by Marion Koogler McNay. McNay was an oil heiress, an artist and a collector. She turned the house into her own private museum during her lifetime. In 1950 when McNay left her residence, she turned it, along with her collection of 700 works, into the first museum of modern art in the state of Texas.

29 Reviews for McNay Art Museum

29 McNay Art Museum Reviews

E
Featured
Elena

Married on 06/16/2017

If you like whimsical, romantic, elegant, classy then The McNay Art Museum is the most perfect place to have an outdoor ceremony and a beautiful indoor reception. The gardens are beautiful. The ... Read more feeling The McNay brought was unlike any other I had. You can pretty much turn the auditorium into whatever visions you have for your wedding. Monica is the wedding venue coordinator and she did a phenomenal job. She was timely with her communication and very professional. She knows the ins and outs of The Mcnay art Museum. She will answer any and all questions you may have. She will communicate with your vendors to make sure everything is ready for your special day. She is so welcoming and sweet and will help put your questions at ease. I am so happy I chose this venue. My wedding photos came out so beautiful. John did our lighting and he was so beyond passionate and amazing.

J
JoHanna

Married on 05/26/2018

I couldn't have chosen a better venue for our wedding! It was unique to San Antonio and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating for our guest that night. I was sure there would be plenty of ... Read more complaining but I never heard a thing from anyone - it was a miracle! Considering I had to plan my entire wedding from Dallas, Monica had recommendations and reassured me everything was going to be okay every time she heard the stress in my voice. The McNay is a San Antonio landmark and an experience your guest will never forget - the beauty in the building itself is enough... you can't go wrong.

B
Bella

Married on 09/16/2017

I hardly had to buy any decor for the outside ceremony we had on the grounds of the McNay, just some signage and flower pedals for the aisle. The outside itself created the vibe and feel I wanted. ... Read more Everything went so smooth, my guests loved the open gallery for cocktail hour and being surrounded by art all day! We utilized their projector they offer at a certain rate, to project our favorite photos of us behind the indoor bar! I could go on about just how beautiful my wedding day was, so I highly recommend you see the venue for yourself!